Loud tech, seeks new home.

jpeg14

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2010
Hi there :) I understand that everyone has there own problems here and there, but thank you in advance for clicking on my question. I have come to realize that its always its better to seek the correct knowledge from those that have had experience in fields that i do not. Ill catch you all up to speed shortly. I've built quite a few systems now and i believe that i have obtained all there is to know about getting the job done right the first time. Some of you may know what Im on about :p

So.... I am in the process of finalizing my new Pc but its currently housed inside a Antec 902 v3.. i hate the dam thing. i haven't had it for very long and Im quite disappointed with it. Too many holes for me :p I went around to all my favorite review sites. Checked out whats hot and whats not. I found a case (out of random), and i also found two things i love to death about this case.
Its Glossy impressive, majestic exterior and its potential to be one of the best with a few modifications and tweaks.
this case is the "Cooler Master Silencio"

Im not running amazingly high end gear. I'd say with my experience, its slightly above midrange, heading towards the high class.
- Sapphire 6870 clocked to 950. Soon it will be fitted with a arctic turbo pro.
- Phenom 955 highly fan cooled, soon to be fitted with a cooler master hyper 212 for summer
- Asrock mobo
- Gigabyte power supply pumping 550watts
- A large range of HDDs and Dvd drives.

What do yas think if i where to chuck it all in a silencio?
- I know that the silencio has terrible foam i can swap that.
- I know that air flow is average, im thinking about putting a 200mm inside the case.

Thanks for reading

jpeg14

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2010
IM SO GLAD YOUR ALL BEING SUCH A WONDERFUL HELP lol. I just purchased the case today, for any of you that are buying the "silencio" ill let yas know how it goes. Tomshardware aint what it used to be..

Sorry this has been missed. One thing we do is look for posts with no replies... if you make a reply to your own post 26 minutes after the first post, a lot of people are going to pass the thread right by.

This is a VERY busy time of year and we always need people to give opinions on builds. We are short-handed.

I think silentpcreview did a review of that case. You will always sacrifice cooling for silence to some degree.

As for a solid looking case that still cools well, I would have chosen a Lian Li probably.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112345
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112336

Here is that review of the Silencio
http://www.silentpcreview.com/article1210-page1.html

jpeg14

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2010
Well thanks Proximon i was completely unaware! ill remember that next time. back to topic, im planning to mount a 200mm bigboy inside this case when it comes in the mail in front of the bay device mount pointing towards the mobo, that should fix the lack of air flow. Your probably thinking thats rediculas and well.. It is, i haven't found anyone thats done it before so i thought id give it ago. Ill be taking pictures if anyones interested.

Yep looking at the forum most of us won't notice you replied to your own post, we'll just see a post with a reply and move on.... there are 10-20 unanswered posts at any given time and those are going to get the priority.

Good luck with your experiment.

jpeg14

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2010
Outlander_04: yeah its a nice case, but im going for original compared to what my friends have :p it has alot going for it like the seperate bay for power supply. but again ive already bought it. its coming in the mail. it looks pretty slick. whats the diference between the 83 and the silencio ?
I think the 83 has a little more space, psu bay and an top exhaust fan. i can mod the silencio just like that :p thanks again for the feedback

does the move from a 902v3 to silencio seem worth it ?