Sign in with
Your question

Fairly new computer will not boot

Last response: in Systems
November 25, 2011 3:18:11 AM

I'm sorry if this is posted in the wrong forum, but I don't have a clear idea of where the root of my problem lies.

About a month and a half ago, I built a computer with the following specs:

Motherboard: Biostar LGA 1155 H61MGC
CPU: Intel i5-2400
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 2x4GB 1333
GPU: MSI Geforce 210 512MB
PSU: Raidmax RX-450K 450W

I was in a dual monitor setup. Recently during a game, the screen got all screwed up for a split second and the computer shut off and restarted. But the computer won't boot. The fans turn on and the hard drive seems to be running but no BIOS message or any video signal come out.
When I press the power button to turn it off, nothing happens. I have to hold it for 5 seconds to turn it off.

I've reset the CMOS a few times already and have remove the Geforce 210 off to eliminate variable. But I can't pinpoint what is wrong with the computer?
I've just read on the Newegg reviews for the motherboard that someone had issues with the same RAM on the same board, so could it be the RAM? I have no other working DDR3 ram modules.
Could it be my integrated Intel HD GPU during my dual monitor set that failed or something?
I have exhausted all that I could think of. I have a couple of projects I need to finish on that computer soon, can someone please help me?
Thank you in advance.

More about : fairly computer boot

November 25, 2011 3:30:11 AM

Try only one stick at a time, if it doesn't boot with one try the other.
m
l
November 25, 2011 3:47:46 AM

First off, thank you for replying.

EDIT: Only one of the RAM DIMMs work.

What should I do now, get an RMA on my RAM (both the sticks?)?
I checked the shipping cost and it seems that it might be cheaper just to buy a new kit (esp. with Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals).
m
l
!