Hi ineed some help

john_poison

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2011
Hi i have an acer aspire X3810 Pentium (R) Dual-Core CPU E5200 @ 2.50 GHz 4G 64 bit OS. So im looking for a graphic card That will run games like Battlefield 2 , crimcraft ,APB ect.... I can run these games now on the comp They are realy choppy tho So what kind of card do ineed to run these smoothly? It doesnt have to be the best card also just what my comp can handle. I 'm not so good with computers. I need a PCI card. I was looking at these

EVGA GeForce GT 520 1024 MB DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 DVI/HDMI/VGA Graphics Card, 01G-P3-1521-KR

PNY GeForce GT 520 1024MB GDDR3 PCI-Express 2.0 DVI+VGA+HDMI Low Profile Graphics Card VCGGT5201XPB

Palit Geforce GT220 512 MB 128 bit DDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x 16 HDCP Ready Video Card NE2T2200FHD51

Please help thanks...

larkspur

Distinguished

Looking at Acer's support site and putting in your model number X3810 brought up a system with an AMD CPU. The X3812 and X3910 were Intel CPUs. But ALL of those systems have a 220W power supply and a low-profile graphics card requirement. You should double-check your exact model number at the website and confirm this since those are very limiting factors and that info is critical in recommending a particular graphics card.

if you dont know what power supply, and it came with your computer bought from a store, odds are you will need a new one.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161387
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139026
there you go, a nice balance to your setup you have; at that resolution you will be able to play very well.
If your case is the one with the mini tower... pretty much nothing will fit you will need a new case as well

larkspur

Distinguished

hmmm, now I'm confused, is the CPU an E2210 or an E5200? I guess it doesn't matter all that much. As others have said, it appears that your case and PSU are going to be limiting factors.

Your case restricts you to low-profile cards.
Your PSU @220W restricts you to very low-power cards.

The best low-profile that I see over at Newegg is the NVIDIA 430. Some of them aren't listing their requirement but the Sparkle one wants a 300W minimum PSU which seems to exceed yours.

In regards to upgrading your PSU/Case: Whether your case uses a standard ATX power supply I don't know for sure, so even upgrading the PSU might be problematic. For all I know Acer used some proprietary size PSU.

Edit: And if you're getting a new case/PSU/GPU you might as well get a newer CPU/mobo/ram. You'll certainly have a better gaming experience.