Status
Not open for further replies.

ch0rus123

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2011
Hellow guyz...i want 2 know if there is a noticable difference in the performance of the following cards...

Sparkle gtx 560 non ti
Xfx 6870

all advice would be much appreciated thnx...

Solution
nvidia doesnt " look better" in my opinion. OP, if you are going to game at resolutions higher than 1920x1080, or multiple monitors, get ATI. other than that its completely about preference as ATI has better aliasing. there isnt one card better for shooters. Whichever card has the feature set that you want, get it. NVIDIA has physx and better sli support with the 560, and ati has the other features i said above. I wouldnt even consider physx though unless you were to get a 430 as a dedicated card.
how about this; if you want to go with a singe card setup and like red, get the 6870. if you like green get the 560. they both perform very similar in their class. if you want multiple gpu setup down the road i would suggest the 560 over the...

Djentleman

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2011
In my opinion, (since i have experience with both). Is to get Ati; i can understand all the debate on there drivers. But the 6870 has been out long enough to where there wouldn't be any problem with that. Just saying.

ch0rus123

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2011
Okay the thing is that im NOT planning on doing the eye infinity thing...and since the performance is very similar shouldnt i go with the 1 with the Physx and more eye candy???

@Djentleman and FlintRonStagg...u guyz did not specify a reason for going with a 6870...???

yummerzzz

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2011
Well, around 10(?) games support Physx, and chances are you won't play those games, and the Fps drop you would get wouldn't really justify the extra Eye-Candy.

Just get whichever is cheaper IMO.

And No, RobJordy, Nvidia doesn't make games graphics look better.

physx doesnt work well with a mid ranged card. physx pretty much only works well with a dedicated card if you want to go that route, just to play the 10 titles that support it- not worth it imo.
the 560 will OC to stock Ti speeds.... but then the 6870 overclocks to......? and ATI has better aliasing as well than nvidia. Its honestly up to OP, but i still would go with the 6870 for the price. If you could squeeze out the 560Ti then go for that then .

In MY opinion it does. ( thats why i stated ; "in my opinion" )

Don't start again.

An opionion never can be wrong, that why it's an opinion. You can disagree with an opinion, that's true.
Anyway, i went, because i had some issues with the 560, from a 560ti to a 6870 and back again to the 560ti because in the games i play the 560 did really look better. Amd was very nice ( warmer colors than the 560 ) but i never had a real "wow" moment with it. While playing company of heroes or rise of legends for example on the 560, give me a lot of those moments. The explosion look better, the "metal shine" is more real, tanks and soldiers look more real.
And it's not because i like nvidea better or something that i'm imagining it, i was really fed up with the 560 issues i had and had high hopes getting better results with the AMD.
But maybe i play only those games which favour Nvidea i dunno.

yummerzzz

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2011
Actually, when an opinion is complete imagination, it is wrong.
Especially when trying to help someone.

The GPU's wouldn't make the "Metal Shine" look better, are you sure you were using the same HMDI/DVI and resolution and monitor.

Anyway, this is a forum with a lot of people all having different opinions and preferences. It's up to the op who he thinks is right.
So don't tell other people ( who also are trying to help, not to make choises diffucult only to say something else than others do ( which you say i or someone else does ) what to write or not. That's really not up to you and disrespectfull.
It's a free forum with lots of different opinions from people who are trying to help and put a lot of time in to looking on the web for answers and stuff and which imo have to be respected for that.
Just DON'T tell me what or not to do, i'll be the judge of that thank you.

nvidia doesnt " look better" in my opinion. OP, if you are going to game at resolutions higher than 1920x1080, or multiple monitors, get ATI. other than that its completely about preference as ATI has better aliasing. there isnt one card better for shooters. Whichever card has the feature set that you want, get it. NVIDIA has physx and better sli support with the 560, and ati has the other features i said above. I wouldnt even consider physx though unless you were to get a 430 as a dedicated card.
how about this; if you want to go with a singe card setup and like red, get the 6870. if you like green get the 560. they both perform very similar in their class. if you want multiple gpu setup down the road i would suggest the 560 over the 6870 because of microstutter issues reported with the 6870 CF setup.

Solution

ch0rus123

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2011
Okay what I really want 2 ask is this...SPARKLE gtx 560 vs XFX 6870...SPARKLE vs XFX...I cant buy any other brands...does this change things or the performance will still b pretty much the same???

Status
Not open for further replies.