Sign in with
Your question

2 gigs RAM but 1 Physical and One Virtual

Last response: in Motherboards
January 2, 2013 4:51:38 AM

Hi I just bought 1 more gig of RAM for my Computer. its an HP Pavilion a1340n. it has 2 Slots for RAM. Speccy and CPU-Z reads Both RAM sticks but when I right click "My Computer" it says Im only using 1gig. I run WIndows XP SP3 34-bit. I don't know much about computers just a bit. And i did switch the Cards around and used each card on it own and they all worked just they wont add up when both are in use.
a c 468 V Motherboard
January 2, 2013 5:35:51 AM

Bluenerer said:
Hi I just bought 1 more gig of RAM for my Computer. its an HP Pavilion a1340n. it has 2 Slots for RAM. Speccy and CPU-Z reads Both RAM sticks but when I right click "My Computer" it says Im only using 1gig. I run WIndows XP SP3 34-bit. I don't know much about computers just a bit. And i did switch the Cards around and used each card on it own and they all worked just they wont add up when both are in use.

your system has onboard gpu...set to use 256m of your system ram. the rest of the lost ram is from intel mb.
m
l
January 2, 2013 6:11:08 AM

smorizio said:
your system has onboard gpu...set to use 256m of your system ram. the rest of the lost ram is from intel mb.

What do I need to do so My computer will have 2 gigs of RAM? :/ 
m
l
a c 468 V Motherboard
January 2, 2013 4:06:08 PM

it has it now...but the way intel mb use system ram you loose some to the onboard video card and other issue you cant change.
the only way would be to replace the one gig ram sticks with larger ram if your mb takes them.
m
l
Related resources
!