Grandia 3 is on its way

Last response: in Video Games
March 30, 2005 9:02:16 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,rec.games.video.sega (More info?)

www.the-magicbox.com

Square Enix announced they will release Grandia III for PlayStation 2
exclusively in Japan this summer, the latest installment GameArts'
popular RPG series. The 3 main characters are Yuki, Alfina and Emerius.
Grandia III's producer is Hidenobu Takahashi (Grandia II), and
character designer is Yoshinari (Valkyrie Profile).

More about : grandia

Anonymous
March 31, 2005 8:45:36 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,rec.games.video.sega (More info?)

In article <1112230936.729043.112570@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>, Eiji
Hayashi wrote:
> www.the-magicbox.com
>
> Square Enix announced they will release Grandia III for PlayStation 2
> exclusively in Japan this summer, the latest installment GameArts'
> popular RPG series. The 3 main characters are Yuki, Alfina and Emerius.
> Grandia III's producer is Hidenobu Takahashi (Grandia II), and
> character designer is Yoshinari (Valkyrie Profile).

Pardon me if this has been discussed before, but when did GameArts sign
a distro deal with Square Enix? Or were they bought out by them?

--

-------------------- http://www.techhouse.org/lou ----------------------
"Dragonmaster Lou" | "Searching for a distant star, heading off to

Dragonmaster Lou <lou@SPAM.ME.AND.DIE.tealstudios.com> wrote in message news:<slrnd4oa9j.a74.lou@techhouse.brown.edu>...
> In article <1112230936.729043.112570@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>, Eiji
> Hayashi wrote:
> > www.the-magicbox.com
> >
> > Square Enix announced they will release Grandia III for PlayStation 2
> > exclusively in Japan this summer, the latest installment GameArts'
> > popular RPG series. The 3 main characters are Yuki, Alfina and Emerius.
> > Grandia III's producer is Hidenobu Takahashi (Grandia II), and
> > character designer is Yoshinari (Valkyrie Profile).
>
> Pardon me if this has been discussed before, but when did GameArts sign
> a distro deal with Square Enix? Or were they bought out by them?

Very good question.. and one of the more prominent ones surrounding
the news, since SquareEnix and Gamearts have traditionally been RPG
competitors.
Anonymous
April 11, 2005 7:41:06 PM

In article <7666a450.0504012254.4df2a3c@posting.google.com>, Eiji Hayashi wrote:
> Dragonmaster Lou <lou@SPAM.ME.AND.DIE.tealstudios.com> wrote in
> message news:<slrnd4oa9j.a74.lou@techhouse.brown.edu>...
>> In article <1112230936.729043.112570@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>, Eiji
>> Hayashi wrote:
>> > www.the-magicbox.com
>> >
>> > Square Enix announced they will release Grandia III for PlayStation 2
>> > exclusively in Japan this summer, the latest installment GameArts'
>> > popular RPG series. The 3 main characters are Yuki, Alfina and Emerius.
>> > Grandia III's producer is Hidenobu Takahashi (Grandia II), and
>> > character designer is Yoshinari (Valkyrie Profile).
>>
>> Pardon me if this has been discussed before, but when did GameArts sign
>> a distro deal with Square Enix? Or were they bought out by them?
>
> Very good question.. and one of the more prominent ones surrounding
> the news, since SquareEnix and Gamearts have traditionally been RPG
> competitors.

Exactly... This sounds very strange... I mean, I still remember the
Final Fantasy VII vs. Grandia flame fests from a few years back. :)