Sign in with
Your question

Anyone have Linksys RV0041 Firmware 1.3.6?

Last response: in Networking
December 23, 2010 9:08:01 PM

Hello,

I have a Linksys RV0041 VPN Router at my company that I used to use. I need to update the firmware on it. The latest version I could find is 1.3.6. However, all the download links I found on google point to the official linksys website. However, when I go to the Linksys or Cisco website, I can't find any shred of download or support for this model.

I have tried calling customer support, but they keep directing me to call a number that is exactly the number I used to call them in the first place.

Does anyone have the firmware version 1.3.6 for this model?

Thanks
December 24, 2010 8:31:18 AM

Dang it is gone, tried for 45minets. Everything pointed to the stupid Linksys sight.
Looks like Cisco/Linksys lost this model entirely. There was even a review on Amazon, saying As of 2005 Linksys said this model doesn't exist. Trust linksys to loose a product. :) 
I did get one different link, but it appears to be down.
It looks wrong on the file name, but who knows.
ftp://ftp.nikon-euro.com/Firmware/pZWmEhAtIR/D40v110.ex...
maybe you will get lucky and it will come back up.
Sorry I couldn't be more help
m
l
March 16, 2011 12:50:39 PM

I understand what you are going through.

This is why as soon as I buy any hardware I periodically download all the latest updates so that when they yank the support for it I'll have a local copy available.

I have uploaded version 1.3.6 of the RV0041 firmware and readme file via the following URL:

Other than a noisy fan (resolved by a mounting it sideways and putting on a spring clamp) it has been fast and reliable for me.

Good luck
m
l
Related resources
March 22, 2011 10:18:08 PM

Yeah that is the only way to go. So companies can't force you to buy there latest and greatest product.
I will be sure to tell anyone who is looking for the firmware where a link is now.
m
l
November 16, 2012 11:56:58 PM

Greetings,

It seems the link is dead for the firmware that was updated. By any chance, does anyone have the latest firmware for the RV0041?

Thanks much,
Zzyzx
m
l
!