Is this PSU enough for my system?

carbride2193

Honorable
Feb 26, 2012
Hello.

I have planned my new build and I just wanted to be sure if I am going with right power supply so there's no problems.

Processor - Intel Core i3-2100
Mobo - Intel DH67BL
RAM - Corsair Vengeance 4 GB (4 x 1) (will upgrade to 8 (4 x 2) GB in a few weeks)
HDD - Samsung 250GB x1
Optical Drive - (1) DVD-RW
Sound Card - Creative Sound Blaster 24-bit (on PCI)
Graphics Card - Sapphire HD 6850 O.C. (no tweaking with voltage, just memory/gpu clocks through afterburner) :) No crossfire now or in the future
Cooling - 3 x Blue LED 120mm (1200RPM) Cooler Master fans + 1 120mm generic fan (700 RPM)
Chassis - Cooler Master Elite 430

and last but not the least, the power supply is - Corsair CX600 V2 (http://www.corsair.com/power-supply-units/builder-series/builder-series-cx600-v2-80plus-certified-power-supply.html) --- Official Corsair Link

So that's pretty much it! Any help would be appreciated guys :)

Thanks!

Solution
For a system using a single Radeon HD 6850 graphics card AMD specifies a minimum of a 500 Watt or greater power supply. The power supply should also have a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 25 Amps or greater and have at least one 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connector.

Total Power Supply Wattage is NOT the crucial factor in power supply selection!!! Total Continuous Amperage Available on the +12V Rail(s) is the most important.

The Corsair Builder Series CX600 V2 (CMPSU-600CXV2), with its +12 Volt continuous current rating of 40 Amps and with two (6+2)-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors, is more than sufficient to power your system...

ryanthebuilder

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2012
Yes the Corsair CX600 V2 has more than enough power to support your rig.

psuwatt.png

http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/9784/psuwatt.png

For a system using a single Radeon HD 6850 graphics card AMD specifies a minimum of a 500 Watt or greater power supply. The power supply should also have a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 25 Amps or greater and have at least one 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connector.

Total Power Supply Wattage is NOT the crucial factor in power supply selection!!! Total Continuous Amperage Available on the +12V Rail(s) is the most important.

The Corsair Builder Series CX600 V2 (CMPSU-600CXV2), with its +12 Volt continuous current rating of 40 Amps and with two (6+2)-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors, is more than sufficient to power your system configuration with a single Radeon HD 6850.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS