Closed Solved

Fx-4100 temp too high

Hello,
i have recently built my comp with a fx-4100 black edition bulldozer chip on the asus m5a97 board with ssd and 8GB corsair xms3. i have a asus 6670 vid card and i have left all to the factory settings and my idle temp is 45 c and my loaded temp is 65-70c and i start getting temp warnings. everywhere i have read says that the oem cooling is enough if you are not over clocking. i also have 4 120mm noctua fans cooling the case. please help me fix my temp issue
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 4100 temp high
  1. Your cooler might not be mounted on properly.
  2. Best answer
    The stock fan is pretty puny unless you get a Phenom II X4/X6 or a FX 8 series. Then again those fans are loud.

The thermal paste is a flat square and should do a good enough job. I would check the seating. I have built plenty of FX systems and none get that high with the stock cooler.
  3. ok checking on the seating and the paste thanks for the imput
  4. jimmysmitty said:
    The stock fan is pretty puny unless you get a Phenom II X4/X6 or a FX 8 series. Then again those fans are loud.

The thermal paste is a flat square and should do a good enough job. I would check the seating. I have built plenty of FX systems and none get that high with the stock cooler.

ok i checkeg the seating and the thermal past all are good, i also went as far as to reset my bios to default and also my asus control centre to default. all of these readings are at idle.

5. Best answer selected by sailrandy.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Asus