Laptop appears to be connected to the web, but can't load a webpage

timmygrover

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
I'm currently using a Belkin F5D8233 wireless router and an HP DV6 laptop. My internet used to work just fine, but after I reinstalled my OS a couple of months ago I started having a funny problem. My internet will randomly stop working, I'll visit facebook, check a blog, and then i'll try to check my email and the page won't load. Then my internet won't work again until I reset my computer. The weirdest part is that Windows acts there's nothing the matter. The little icon in the notification bar still says it's connected and if I click repair, windows tells me there's nothing to repair. My wife has a different laptop and she's still able to access the internet fine after I've been kicked off. I've checked for a router firmware update and it's up to date. I bought a usb wireless-n adapter thinking my laptop's adapter might be bad and that didn't work. I considering buying a new router, but I'm not confident that will solve the problem since my wife's internet is still fine and because my internet works again when I reset, so it's not like the router is blocking my IP right? I'm not sure what to try, any help would be appreciated.

thanks