FSX gaming build six monitors

DannyITR

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2009
Hi guys,

I'm looking for some advice on how to proceed. Frogive me for not using the standard template but it doesn't apply here. Currently I have the following:

Core I7-930
ASUS P6X58D Premium
6 Gig RAM
Radeon HD 5870 1Gb
Intel X25-M
850W Antec PSU

I'd like to build a second rig to support a home cockpit. Basically I'd like to have one main 42" LCD coupled with two 32" LCD on either side using eyefinity to have a wide ranging view. I plan to use two more 24" lcd or similar to display my pilots and copilots main controls (EICAS etc) and perhaps a sixth for either upper panel or FMC. I understand the restrictions with having to use at least one active Display Port adapter per card.

I currently use this comp for photo processing and the occasional game like Call of Duty. Here are my options:

Option 1: Add one more HD 5870 in crossfire and overclock the I7-930 and use for FSX. Build a new office PC with based on Core I5-2500K

Option 2: Keep the I7-930 for the office and build a new system to support FSX based on the Core I5-2500K overclocked. In this case will two 5970 (2gig) in x-fire work or should I go for 6950 or 6970, 1gig or 2 gig? (all crossfire of course)

Not sure what do to because I don't know which video card setup will be needed for the FSX six monitor setup.

Thanks in advance.