UPS stop supplying power

Gryphes

Honorable
Feb 26, 2012
Hi I recently bought an Axle GTX 460(DDR 5,1GB,450W) ,upgraded my Motherboard to Foxconn G41MX-K Motherboard and also bought a PSU which is 450W Antec (VP450P Model). my UPS is 650VA and its Battery is 7Ah,12V one recently changed it because my older one was dead. now I've got an issue when my computer stays idle , or do some light works UPS can supply power for a couple of minutes as usual but when I play a game like Skyrim, Shogun 2 and suddenly the main power goes UPS turns off itself and blinks its red light button continuously which is normally happens when the Battery has no power at all. when I play a heavy game I heard the Graphic card's fan's noise it may probably use max power. I am wondering this UPS is not enough for my system or now? what this happened?
is there any issue with my UPS or is it not enough for my system?
because this didn't happen when I have a cheap model 450W PSU, 9500GT Graphic card.

My System is

Foxconn G41MX-K Motherboard
Hitachi 250GB 7200rpm Hard disk
Axle GTX 460(DDR 5,1GB,450W) Graphic Card
4GB DDR 2 RAM
1 DVD Writer , Samsung.
Samsung 15 inches , Sync Master 632NW Model LCD Monitor
2.6GHz(Over Clocked to 2.8GHz~ Dynamic Overclocking) Intel Dual Core Processor.

Your UPS' wattage rating will be lower than its VA rating. It may very well not be up to the task of powering your upgraded rig. One thing you can do to test it is disconnect your PC and monitor and get some lamps. Plug those into it. Increase the number of lamps and/or wattage. It will likely cut out around half the VA rating.
Also, some cheap UPS units have liar-labels on them just like PSUs, and may only able to handle a fraction of their rated load.

its worth noting that if it'd a 7Ah 12V battery it ought to be able to run a 60 Watt bulb for an hour... So you may have a problem with the UPS. Or your just overloading its output as was said.

Also that is an active power factor correction PSU, and cheap UPSs usually don't work well with them. I would think increased load would make it less stable.

www.dougv.com/2010/03/01/active-pfc-enabled-psus-are-not-compatable-with-most-low-end-ups/

" However, this writeup is lacking one crucial detail in that it is not always the PSU that shuts down, instead with some pairs of PSU and UPS the problem is the modified sine wave causes too great an inrush current and the UPS shuts off its output, which of course shuts down the PSU too but it was the UPS that shut down first."

DelroyMonjo

Distinguished
I sent my last msg. before I was done with my remark.
Sounds like the battery charger is not working properly.
Also, and I have no first hand knowledge of this. Can you fully charge the battery, unplug the UPS from the wall and start up the computer, boot it and run it for a few minutes before ithe battery gives out? Just wondering. That video card sucks up about 165 Watts just in idle mode.

Gryphes

Honorable
Feb 26, 2012
This is what happens. when I play a game (when the system pulls the max power ) when suddenly there is a power drop system turns off itself and the red bulb on UPS keep making an alarm noise. it doesn't blink or anything it keeps on.

Gryphes

Honorable
Feb 26, 2012
as I remember This didn't happen before I replace the battery. I used this system almost a couple of week before replacing the battery of UPS. I think there is something wrong with the UPS but not sure I am gonna check that anyway.

TRENDING THREADS