GRaphics card/display issues

chronify

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2011
Okay, i was tampering with my graphics card (XFX ATI RADEON HD 6950) drivers in hopes of increasing my graphics card performance. (Uninstalled them and driver swept the rest out, it asked for a reboot, so i did) Once i rebooted the computer my monitors wouldnt display anything (Due to having ZERO display drivers) And now im stumped. I have no clue how to install the drivers again without a display. I have the CD, and i try putting it in but it doesn't auto-run or even spin to say the least. I cant tamper with my bios due to no display. HELP ME PLEASE!

chronify

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2011
Cant find what the mother board battery looks like. I have a gigabyte X58A-UD3R. The odd thing is when i disassembled the machine and put it back together, all the wiring etc. It worked (botted up and i had visual) until i started plugging stuff into the back of the machine, the mouse to be exact. At this point the machine shut off (like it lost power) and as a rebooted it was doing the same *** again. No visual on the monitors, no boot up. Just the machine running and doing absolutely nothing. I unplugged all the stuff out of the back in hopes of fixing it, but no luck. I thought it may have been me plugging stuff into the back which maybe pushed the motherboard and make it freak out, I don't know. But i know im back at square one, and i dont want to have to disassemble my computer again...At first i thought it was a driver problem, but now im clueless....

Chirag Borawake

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011
Hey, even if you dont have any display drivers installed, you can still start the windows and see all of it with default VGA drivers. And about the BIOS, these drivers has no connection with it. Even if u had no VGA drivers at all, the BIOS can still be seen, because it needs no drivers.
Try one thing, restart yous system.
keep pressing F1, F2, Del keys for a while.
wait for few seconds.
It will enter BIOS settings. If it shows up, you are lucky. If not, then Press F9 (It's the key that loads all the default options in your BIOS, almost for all Motherboards.
Once you press F9, press Enter key.
Then press F10 to save the settings as your current ones, and press Enter again.
Hope it will work..!