I recently bought a new mobo GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD5 BIOS Version F12 and want to run it in raid 0 with 2 x OCZ Vector Series VTR1 SSDs using Win 7 x64 as my OS. I understand this mobo BIOS does not support IRST that will not support TRIM. However the most recent version BIOS (F13p) must first be flashed so I can enable the IRST support utility to enable TRIM. My question is this. Since I am doing a complete new build/fresh system, what order do I need to flash the BIOS, install the OS, enable Raid 0….etc.
My guess is this, and tell me if I am wrong.
1. Format the SSDs on another computer.
2. Power up the new computer and set BIOS to Raid 0
3. Restart, and install the OS (Windows 7 x64)
4. Flash the Mobo
5. Download, Install and enable the IRTS Utility
Is this the proper order of procedures to get this to work properly or is there a better way?
1. Flash bios to the latest version as the first step.
2. Enter bios to set up raid mode.
3. Boot up with installation dvd and enter shift+F10 to do full disk clean process on SSDs.
4. Reboot and enter Raid configuration menu during POST and set up SSDs in raid mode.
5. Reboot and start OS installation.
6. IRST in windows.