Hi guys, been quite some time since I built a PC as I was primarily a Mac user for many years. So much has changed I'm not sure where to start. A few pushes in the right direction should be all I need.
Approximate Purchase Date: Now through end of December
Budget Range: $1000-$1500 After Rebates
System Usage from Most to Least Important:
Internet surfing, Office apps, Visual Studio
Parts Not Required: Mouse, router/switch
Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Don't care
Parts Preferences: No preference
SLI or Crossfire: Maybe
Monitor Resolution: The bigger the better. The monitor will be a separate budget item by itself. I'm thinking of at least a 24-incher and probably 27. Recommendations here are welcomed as well.
1) PC is going in the living room so it must be quiet.
2) I prefer that flashing/lighted parts be kept to a minimum.
3) I don't do much PC gaming, but I plan to hog out in front of Diablo 3 when it comes out.
4) Willing to pay a little more up front if necessary for upgradeability in a year or two.
5) Would like at least 8 GB RAM
More about :build advice 1000 1500 htpc photo editing
That should rip through any video transcoding/photo editing and would easily cope with games like Diablo 3. Best part is that it should be extremely quiet so long as you lower all the fan speeds to the lowest settings. You should be fine leaving it that way too since CPU and GPU fans will speed up if they need to.