i wonder about creative

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
well i remember a while back just being a sound card company. that was the good days. i remember the sb16 isa !! i thought it was the best sound card made when i got it. believe this or not creative still sales them. Well i think creative lost track of mind. They need to fix Poor drivers + be able to run in any system w/ no problems.

First person to get a topic banned. ABIT BP6 Lives FOREVER!!!

G

Yeah my first sound card was a sound blaster pro back in '93 or so. I was shocked--STEREO SOUND!!! And then it came with that Dr. Sbaitso program--the text-to-speech converter=P. I don't feel like shelling out the money for creative products anymore, with their overpriced cards and shabby drivers.

<font color=red>=P

G

We get a lot of muso's coming in the shop, and they all buy Turtle beach, they reckon they are the best cards on the market, They dont rate creative at all

Kodiak

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
what exactly is wrong with Creative now? Their sound cards reluctantly keep getting awesome reviews, even though reviewers themselves admittedly don't enjoy it(because they have the de-facto monopoly). I've got SBlaster Live!, works like a charm for very decent price... are we just getting spoiled here to rant about anything and everything if we can't find a real problem, or what?
Maybe I'm missing something.... but they seem like jolly good cards that nevertheless keep improving...:)

bdaley

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Uh, why did you reply to me about Creative? I didn't say anything about Creative, I'm just wondering what "muso" is.

"There's no such thing as gravity, the Earth just sucks"

LordKaos

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2001
Why didn´t you buy a AWE 32 ?
Now, that was a sound card!
Perfect sound and perfect music (for that time!)
I still have one on my older PC, and it is working great!

About Philips and Turtle Beach!
Well , Philips pretty much sucks!
As for Turtle Beach, well, a good sound card like that
eventually would start being noticed!

Better burn in Hell with some company than freeze in Heaven all alone