usb key BTW driver

Last response: in Technologies
Share
April 26, 2005 5:34:09 AM

good evening,
I've bought a usb bluetooth key at a market, but it comes with no
driver. I suppose WinXP is no problem, but I use Windows 2000 and it
doesn't recognize it. from the model number I've found the company it
comes from (taiwan) and even there there is no driver. only says to
use the WIDCOMM drivers. where can I find anything I need to use it?
thank you much.

david

More about : usb key btw driver

Anonymous
April 28, 2005 7:27:13 PM

dave wrote:

> good evening,
> I've bought a usb bluetooth key at a market, but it comes with no
> driver. I suppose WinXP is no problem, but I use Windows 2000 and it
> doesn't recognize it. from the model number I've found the company it
> comes from (taiwan) and even there there is no driver. only says to
> use the WIDCOMM drivers. where can I find anything I need to use it?
> thank you much.

Widcomm licenses their drivers to specific manufacturers. Apparently this
Taiwanese outfit has chosen not to bother to license the drivers, so you're
kind of stuck. Widcomm drivers from, say, the IBM site won't work because
the license codes don't match.

About your only option other than finding the guy that sold you the key and
demanding that he either give you drivers or eat the key is to (a) toss it
and get a different key that comes with drivers, or (b) learn about hacking
the Widcomm drivers--to do that google "widcomm bluetooth hacking".

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate