Real trouble finding HDD led pin on asus P4G8x

zulux

Honorable
May 14, 2012
So i'm transferring my sisters old asus motherboard to a fairly new casenad everything is going sweet until I cannot locate the HDD led pin? I downloaded the pdf manual for the asus P4G8x and it doesnt help,really I just would like to know if I'm banging my head against a brick wall here and should I rteally fit the motherboard back into the old Dell case which it came out of and is a better if not older case??..or am I missing something here,my sister does want this computer to start a small business from home so I thought I'd put her hardware in a nice new oriental(cheap)case,so could you tell me if i'm wasting my time or that there is a plce to pin this HDD ledpin! Please..many many thanks and honour to you if you can tell me one way or the other D Dale.

zulux

Honorable
May 14, 2012
Hi its me again,the pc just shuts down when I attach the molex It seems that I have all connections right? got another idea

hello... Molex is a company that make many connectors... and their connector is typically refered to the white/black 4 in a row connector that went from power supplies to pre-SATA hardrives/CD's for the power connection...

your response is very vague as to what and what is being connected... do ya have pictures or can you refer to the manual I just shown you?

I would also suggest following that manual step by step for verification of your connections needed to that motherboard.

zulux

Honorable
May 14, 2012

AH yes,I was 99% done just fitting the HDD in place and the PC shuts down,I'm in the process of putting it all back in the old Dell now thanks for your time though friend.. :D

TRENDING THREADS