New PSU Needed

G

Recently my PSU died on me (xfx black edition 850w) looking for a replacement for around £100. 800-850w any one got any ideas?

5 year warranty here in the US, and they haven't been on the market that long.
I'd be looking for a temporary solution while awaiting an RMA, is that an option for you ?
Don't know your specs, couldn't make a reccomendation.

G

I'm in the process of RMA threw xfx but i noticed the sticker with the serial number is not on the PSU which usually voids warranty so just waiting for a reply, so was looking at PSU just incase so i no what is out there in my price range

My specs are:
sandy bridge i7
mobo: dr mos (all i can remember)
gfx: saphire hd 5870 vapou-x 1gb ddr5
ram :4gb corsair ddr3 1600mhz ram

ONE PSU I HAVE NOTICED IS: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-CMPSU-800GUK-Gaming-Performance-Supply/dp/B004WDY9OO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1330375920&sr=8-1

any other recommended PSU would be appreciated

With that setup, you actually could safely lower your PSU wattage quite a bit, if you need to save yourself some coin. You don't need over 700W unless you're doing serious OCing, CrossFire, or just have a LOT of peripherals connected.

If you're willing to spend that much money, lower the wattage and get something with a higher efficiency rating.

Yes, a good 550W would be enough for current specs and for a minor GPU upgrade ( maybe as much as a 6970. ) And if you're planning on staying with current specs for a while, there's no need to go higher.

If you're planning on a major GPU upgrade in the near future, you'll want a little more power, just to be safe. Again, you don't need to go bonkers on the PSU. I can CrossFire 6870s ( ~300W draw, ) with my 2600K on my 700W PSU and still be safe ( even with a little kOCing. )

Most people tend to go overboard on PSUs when upgrading ( though a lot also get too little, but that's usually because they get a shoddy PSU. ) A quality PSU ( Antec, Corsair, the usual suspects, ) in the 700W range is more than adequate for any system using one high-end GPU or dual mid-range cards ( the December SBM CrossFired 6950s on a Corsair 650W. ) And with the 7000 series lowering power requirements, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to CrossFire 7950s on a 700W PSU as well.