printer nozzle check/head cleaning

Last response: in Digital Camera
April 27, 2005 1:40:50 PM

hi group,
i have an epson cx3200 printer.when i do a head clean it runs away with a tremendous amount of ink.ie ink wasted/lost.is there any
way round this? regards to all from TBM...
Anonymous
April 27, 2005 4:09:21 PM

My usual solution is to make sure I do a nozzle check at least once a
week. That keeps some fresh ink going through the heads and helps keep them
clean and un-clogged. It uses ink but far less than a head cleaning. Note:
I find that doing a nozzle check may show some beginnings of a problem. If
I wait a few minutes and run it again, it often is fine, the new ink from
the first test had softened the old in partly clogging the jets.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
"tbm" <ialwaysgetresults@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> hi group,
> i have an epson cx3200 printer.when i do a head clean it runs away with a
> tremendous amount of ink.ie ink wasted/lost.is there any
> way round this? regards to all from TBM...

Anonymous
April 27, 2005 4:58:36 PM

Epsons does this. Canon does not clog as much. OEM ink of course.

tbm wrote:

>hi group,
>i have an epson cx3200 printer.when i do a head clean it runs away with a tremendous amount of ink.ie ink wasted/lost.is there any
>way round this? regards to all from TBM...

Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
April 27, 2005 5:14:33 PM

tbm wrote:
> hi group,
> i have an epson cx3200 printer.when i do a head clean it runs away with a tremendous amount of ink.ie ink wasted/lost.is there any
> way round this? regards to all from TBM...

Hi tbm...

There's a utility (freeware) that does all kinds of
"magical" things with Epson printers... one of which
is allowing you to clean the black and color heads
individually. At least that way you lose ink only
on the head that needs cleaning :)

I've used it for years; it's nice.

Not sure if it covers your particular model, but check
ssclg.com

Take care.

Ken

Ken
Anonymous
April 27, 2005 5:49:01 PM

tbm <ialwaysgetresults@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>i have an epson cx3200 printer.when i do a head clean it runs away with a
>tremendous amount of ink.ie ink wasted/lost.is there any
>way round this? regards to all from TBM...

If all your ink runs dry, it's possible to remove the head unit
completely and soak it to clean it. My epson (660) wouldn't clean
so I dismantled it, but unfortunately now know how to do it. That
is, I buggered it up. You have to know which flex cable to remove
and which PCB not to move.

Anyway, it's not recommended except in dire circumstances, but
getting a new head is more than the cost of a printer, so it's
worth a try. I would do it again in future, but this time get
it right.

--
Ken Tough
Anonymous

The same had occured to me when I "inherited" an ancient lexmark printer
from our bookstore.The poor thing wasn't used for many years, but I decided
that a new ink cartridge cost more than a new printer with colour and cruise
control, so....

--
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
dimtzort AT otenet DOT gr