G

Hello guys, need some help, what's the best intel processor for asus p5g41t-m lx3? my current processor: e5300, i will upgrade it because it will bottleneck the graphics card(gtx 460), and i don't know how to overclock a processor...thanks....

Solution
The quads cost too much; try overclocking first. If the cpu fsb is 200, try 240 or 250. You can also drop the memory fsb first so it will run at spec when overclocking the cpu. It's not that hard; time to learn rather than spend $200 on another cpu.
The quads cost too much; try overclocking first. If the cpu fsb is 200, try 240 or 250. You can also drop the memory fsb first so it will run at spec when overclocking the cpu. It's not that hard; time to learn rather than spend $200 on another cpu.

Solution

arthurh

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2002
Hello guys, need some help, what's the best intel processor for asus p5g41t-m lx3? my current processor: e5300, i will upgrade it because it will bottleneck the graphics card(gtx 460), and i don't know how to overclock a processor...thanks....

I agree with the advise you have recieved so far. Here is a Link to help you learn about OC'n. :sol:

G

it's okay if the cpu is expensive...i don't wanna try to overclock my current cpu, for me, it will shorten the processor's life span... and if had the new cpu, maybe a core 2 quad, i will sell my e5300 to someone who needs it, and if no one wants to buy it, i will just keep it...by the way..thanks..