Taskbar and Explorer problems any ideas?

Explorer:

For some reason explorer doesn't remember the
thumbnailview of some folders, altough "remember folder
settings" in tools, options, view is on.
Also when I set explorer to diplay the statusbar, it
wil disapear after browsing to another folder.

Taskbar:

My system (XPpro Sp2) doesn't remember the position of
the taskbar. I want it on the side, and even lock it, but
every reboot the taskbar will apear on the bottom again.
Altough i'm logged in as admin.

It's a real pest to work around these problems so any
help or suggestion is greatly apreciated.
3 answers Last reply
More about taskbar explorer problems ideas

    Hi,

    For the first problem, you may want to dowanload the mentioned edit and run
    it:

    Increase Folder View Options Limit: (Line 2)

    If you want the statusbar to show on every explorer window, then enable the
    statusbar through view > status bar and then click on tools > folder options
    and click on "apply to all folders".

    For the second problem, if the taskbar settings are not remembered, you may
    want to see if your settings are remembered everytime you log-off or not. To
    see this, download the following edit and apply it. It will make your
    settings stay on after every log-off:

    Save settings of exit (line 54, right column)

    Anando
    Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
    http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
    http://www.mvps.org

    Folder customizations
    http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

    Protect your PC!
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Pike" <pike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Explorer:
    >
    > For some reason explorer doesn't remember the
    > thumbnailview of some folders, altough "remember folder
    > settings" in tools, options, view is on.
    > Also when I set explorer to diplay the statusbar, it
    > wil disapear after browsing to another folder.
    >
    > Taskbar:
    >
    > My system (XPpro Sp2) doesn't remember the position of
    > the taskbar. I want it on the side, and even lock it, but
    > every reboot the taskbar will apear on the bottom again.
    > Altough i'm logged in as admin.
    >
    > It's a real pest to work around these problems so any
    > help or suggestion is greatly apreciated.

    Tanx man!

    This is really great. You solved al the problems i had in
    one post!

    Again many tanx!

    YW !

    --

    > Tanx man!
    >
    > This is really great. You solved al the problems i had in
    > one post!
    >
    > Again many tanx!

Configuration Taskbar Explorer Windows XP