Asus A7N8X-LA Bios Flash

Karlexicon

Honorable
Jan 2, 2013
Hello,
I own an HP Pavilion Desktop Computer that uses an ASUS A7N8X-LA motherboard and recently did a Bio’s flash because The Windows OS was reporting a maximum of 1GB memory installed while each memory slot on the board actually contained 2 x 1GB memory sticks.
Upon researching why an incorrect memory amount was being shown I found out that a Bio’s update from HP would solve this issue and correct reports of information for RAM memory modules. I downloaded a Bios update from HP’s web site for this particular motherboard >>

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&softwareitem=pv-21019-2

The Bio’s update showed that it installed and updated successfully and that a restart was needed. Upon clicking O.K. and restarting the system, it now does not boot up. The cooling fans and power lights are on but there are no keyboard lights on and the screen does not indicate receiving any video signals (i.e.: Black Screen)

After calling HP about this issue they suggested that I contact ASUS support which I did and I am still awaiting a reply from the ASUS support department about this issue. In the meantime again I was wondering if there might be anyway to solve this problem?