Shortcut problem

Hello,

I have my XP Professional set up so that in Windows Explorer
everything opens in folder view. But when I put a shortcut to a file
on the desktop and click on it, it doesn't open in folder view. Is
there a way to correct this?

Thank you.

Norman Stein

Norman,

Where is the shortcut pointing to and what are the parameters assigned?

Explorer.exe Command-Line Options for Windows XP

Customize the Windows Explorer Views in Windows XP

Open folders in Windows Explorer mode by default (i.e. with folder pane
enabled):
http://www.winxptutor.com/folderpane.htm

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Window XP Shell/User

"Norman Stein" <normannospam.stein@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message
Hello,

I have my XP Professional set up so that in Windows Explorer
everything opens in folder view. But when I put a shortcut to a file
on the desktop and click on it, it doesn't open in folder view. Is
there a way to correct this?

Thank you.

Norman Stein

Ramesh,

Thank you very much. The final reference was exactly what I needed.

Norman

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 08:56:53 +0530, "Ramesh [MVP]"
<ramesh@nojunkmails.com@mvps.org> wrote:

>Norman,
>
>Where is the shortcut pointing to and what are the parameters assigned?
>
>Explorer.exe Command-Line Options for Windows XP
>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=314853
>
>Customize the Windows Explorer Views in Windows XP
>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=314853
>
>Open folders in Windows Explorer mode by default (i.e. with folder pane
>enabled):
>http://www.winxptutor.com/folderpane.htm

You're welcome Norman.