Sign in with
Your question

W3i iq5 fraud

Last response: in Windows 7
December 28, 2011 3:49:57 PM

i HAVE RUN SPYBOT NUMEROUS TIMES AND IT SHOWS THIS W3I iQ5FRAUD. I am technically challenged and don't know what to do now.

More about : w3i iq5 fraud

December 29, 2011 3:46:35 AM

W3i distributes ad support products to user's pc. These are mostly adware and spyware products.

They've been doing this for a long time now. Below are couple of their techniques.

Surprising fact: I noticed Yahoo toolbar is also partnered with them.
Surprised to hear a reputable company like yahoo would partner with an adware company.

Some of their practices:
Freeze.com:
They use a site called Freeze.com which has downloadable screen savers.
Little do end users know that when they install the screensaver, 5 adware products get installed to.

InstallIQ:
Installer product. They ask software developers to wrap their exe with this installer. So software developers are being used as a transport method to deliver spyware to user pc.

Ad networks: they distribute lots of products like FlipToast etc. All bundled with their ad software. Networks like Epic, AdCommual, Guppy Games. etc push these products out for them.

I suggest not partnering with the. Promote your user's to be safe!
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
December 29, 2011 12:57:26 PM

acierno said:
i HAVE RUN SPYBOT NUMEROUS TIMES AND IT SHOWS THIS W3I iQ5FRAUD. I am technically challenged and don't know what to do now.

I HAD A TECH REMOTELY CHECK MY PC AND HE DELETED AVG AND ADAWARE AND INSTALLED AVAST AND RIGHT NOW I AM CLEAN.
January 3, 2012 1:32:07 PM

I just ran spybot again which is 10 days later and it still show iQ5fraud once. I now have malbytes and avast. Am I still at risk????? Should I have someone come in a clean this up or do nothing??????
a b 8 Security
a b $ Windows 7
January 3, 2012 1:42:25 PM

did you make sure to update spybot to the latest definitions?

once you get it out run the immunisation in spybot to block things getting in there in the 1st place
January 3, 2012 2:04:26 PM

Spybot tells me to restart my PC and run it again which I have done numerous times and it is still sitting in the window. Should I buy the 24.95 program for malwarbytes?
!