W3i iq5 fraud

acierno

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2011
i HAVE RUN SPYBOT NUMEROUS TIMES AND IT SHOWS THIS W3I iQ5FRAUD. I am technically challenged and don't know what to do now.

jpaul95138

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2011
W3i distributes ad support products to user's pc. These are mostly adware and spyware products.

They've been doing this for a long time now. Below are couple of their techniques.

Surprising fact: I noticed Yahoo toolbar is also partnered with them.
Surprised to hear a reputable company like yahoo would partner with an adware company.

Some of their practices:
Freeze.com:
They use a site called Freeze.com which has downloadable screen savers.
Little do end users know that when they install the screensaver, 5 adware products get installed to.

InstallIQ:
Installer product. They ask software developers to wrap their exe with this installer. So software developers are being used as a transport method to deliver spyware to user pc.

Ad networks: they distribute lots of products like FlipToast etc. All bundled with their ad software. Networks like Epic, AdCommual, Guppy Games. etc push these products out for them.

I suggest not partnering with the. Promote your user's to be safe!

acierno

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2011

I HAD A TECH REMOTELY CHECK MY PC AND HE DELETED AVG AND ADAWARE AND INSTALLED AVAST AND RIGHT NOW I AM CLEAN.

acierno

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2011
I just ran spybot again which is 10 days later and it still show iQ5fraud once. I now have malbytes and avast. Am I still at risk????? Should I have someone come in a clean this up or do nothing??????

acierno

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2011
Spybot tells me to restart my PC and run it again which I have done numerous times and it is still sitting in the window. Should I buy the 24.95 program for malwarbytes?