Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

PreBuilt gaming computer, how is it? Any recommendations? (1k budget, give or ta

Last response: in Systems
Share
November 25, 2011 11:09:46 PM

Hello, Just wondering if this is a good deal in a pre-built computer for strictly gaming.

(CoD, WoW, sw:TOR, Aion, BF3) want to play them all at max if not close-to-max settings.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...

I know a little about computers. I helped build one years ago. I'd be scared to do it alone, so I don't know if I should buy one piece-by-piece.
November 25, 2011 11:46:20 PM

That GPU won't play games at max settings. It'll be close, but not quite. At the least, you'll want a PC with the 560 Ti, or anything higher than a AMD Radeon 6770.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... <--- its a bit pricey IMO, but it'll fit the bill nicely. Plus the CPU will be Overclockable.
m
0
l
November 25, 2011 11:55:35 PM

Actually the CPU is not over clocking capable. It is hyperthreaded and provides turbo boost, but for overclocking you need the 2600K.

I say build one yourself: you'll be happier in the long run and have the parts that you want.
m
0
l
Related resources
November 25, 2011 11:58:51 PM

chesteracorgi said:
Actually the CPU is not over clocking capable. It is hyperthreaded and provides turbo boost, but for overclocking you need the 2600K.

I say build one yourself: you'll be happier in the long run and have the parts that you want.


? I was saying the PC I linked should be OC-able. I'm not familiar with how open CyberPowerPC is to that. But the one I linked has a 2500K. The PC he linked is non-OC-able, if that is what you where referring to. Also, a 2600K is a waste of money for gaming. The 2500K is where its at (unless you just want to throw money at something).
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
November 26, 2011 12:10:55 AM

That's a waste of money GPU-wise. At $1000 you could probably fit in a 580, or at least a 570. I'll build you one if you're in the NY area :D  but it's not that hard to do it yourself.
m
0
l
November 26, 2011 3:09:00 AM

I appreciate all the responses. I guess the next question is. anyone mind helping me choose a pc/components to reach my goal of max settings in all of these games? :D  Kajabla. I'd take you up on that offer, but. unfortunately i'm in Florida =(
m
0
l
November 26, 2011 3:16:06 AM

Well, a single 580 should do completely well in every single game out there. There might be one or two games, but when a single 580 can play Crysis at nearly 40 FPS, then I'd say that's good enough for me.

A Intel 2500K is the perfect gaming CPU. Anything beyond that is a waste (unless you do heavy encoding, photo/video editing, and rendering).

Are you still wanting pre-built, or other?
m
0
l
November 26, 2011 3:32:50 AM

phyco126 said:
Well, a single 580 should do completely well in every single game out there. There might be one or two games, but when a single 580 can play Crysis at nearly 40 FPS, then I'd say that's good enough for me.

A Intel 2500K is the perfect gaming CPU. Anything beyond that is a waste (unless you do heavy encoding, photo/video editing, and rendering).

Are you still wanting pre-built, or other?


Other, I guess. If i can't find a prebuilt to do what I want, i'll buy all the pieces and find someone(hopefully) to help me put it together.

anywhere in the realm of 1k$ usd would be amazing. give or take :D 
m
0
l
November 26, 2011 3:53:48 AM

Well, good news is you can build a lot of PC for around $1,000

This is by no means what you should buy, but rather it gives you an idea of what you can do with that money. Though I do have to say this is a rather solid build, you can fiddle around with parts to drop the price. I didn't include a storage drive, 'cause harddrives are stupid expensive right now.

http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx...

m
0
l
November 26, 2011 6:24:52 AM

phyco126 said:
Well, good news is you can build a lot of PC for around $1,000

This is by no means what you should buy, but rather it gives you an idea of what you can do with that money. Though I do have to say this is a rather solid build, you can fiddle around with parts to drop the price. I didn't include a storage drive, 'cause harddrives are stupid expensive right now.

http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx...


Appreciate the build/idea. I guess it gives me a good idea of what i neeed to look for in the pc.

Simply glancing at it, it seems i'll be spending the most on the Video Card than any other component?
m
0
l
November 26, 2011 4:49:24 PM

Indeed. You can always get a 570 GTX, which is cheaper. I'm sure it'll play most games on max. Also, you don't need to stick with nVidia. AMD has some pretty powerful GPUs as well, typically for a little cheaper than the 580.

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/331?vs=305

AMD's 6950 vs the 580, and you can see that it plays any game at max quality expept bad company 2... but keep in mind these are at extreme resolutions too. If you play at 1920 x 1080 or below, either card will last you for quite sometime.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
November 27, 2011 12:24:07 AM

Phyco, that's a way OP motherboard. An ASROCK Z68 Extreme3 would do fine at $125.
Yeah, the GPU will always be the single most expensive component, followed generally by the CPU, motherboard, SSD if there is one, PSU, case, RAM and heatsink.
m
0
l
November 27, 2011 1:22:11 AM

kajabla said:
Phyco, that's a way OP motherboard. An ASROCK Z68 Extreme3 would do fine at $125.
Yeah, the GPU will always be the single most expensive component, followed generally by the CPU, motherboard, SSD if there is one, PSU, case, RAM and heatsink.


Haha, I know, but I was in a hurry and just went with a brand I know works. Like I said, the list should by no means be what they should buy, rather just to give a insight into what is possible.
m
0
l
!