Onboard Sound Problem

99kevin99

Honorable
Sep 21, 2012
Ok so my onboard motherboard sound has not been working. The headphones are recognized. My bios are the latest update. I have the latest version the the realtek hd audio program. IDK what to do.

Worst comes to worse will buying a sound card help the problem????? Or will it not work at all.
This is the sound
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYorAgzV8sg

aonor

Honorable
Nov 24, 2012
Many modern computers do not have standalone sound cards. Instead, the motherboards in these computers have integrated chips that produce audio. Because these chips cannot be removed, it isn't technically possible to replace the sound card in such a computer. However, you can still install a sound card or external audio device. After doing this, you can disable the integrated audio chip from the Windows Device Manager or motherboard settings.

kevin make sure in the bios your audio chipset is turned on. also look in windows audio control panel. make sure your sound not muted and make sure windows is using the realtec hd device and not ati or nvidia hd output. if it is then your computer going to be trying to send the audio out the hdmi port.