How can i remove the back plate from the 18dy1 motherboard?

Rapid245

Honorable
Jan 3, 2013
ok so i have a lga 775 motherboard its a dell one 18dy1 it came with my inspiron 560 and i got a new cpu cooler but the problem is that i some how have to remove the back plate thats in the current motherboard but i don't know if its glued on from the back or from the front here is a picture of how it looks like from the back http://puu.sh/1INE6 some ppl say use a blow dryer but im kind of scared of using one i think it my damage something even though its under heat all day from the cpu can someone help me????

Solution
Hi mate , I had a OEM motherboard with the backplate glued on. Best way is actually to rip it off , but do it slowly and carefully. If you want to make life easier , get a blow dryer and head up the area and move the dryer in circular even motions an dont posititon the dryer to blow in one area ( which could cause damage ) and when you heat it up just pry off the back plate with your hand. I had to do it and worked fine mate :)

ihsaan96

Honorable
Dec 1, 2012
Hi mate , I had a OEM motherboard with the backplate glued on. Best way is actually to rip it off , but do it slowly and carefully. If you want to make life easier , get a blow dryer and head up the area and move the dryer in circular even motions an dont posititon the dryer to blow in one area ( which could cause damage ) and when you heat it up just pry off the back plate with your hand. I had to do it and worked fine mate :)

Solution