Gaming Studders After A Few Mintues Of Playing.

Nokturnal

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2007
I recently been playing alot of games, and I've been noticing this strange studder/pull that happens after very few minutes of playing, its so annoying it makes the games up playable. It happens no matter how high or how low the settings are, Also my cpu temp never goes over 65-70. I'm so lost and would really love some help, I've been messing with this for way too long and cannot figure it out for the life of me. Thanks.

japps2

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2007
sounds like your videocard is running out of memory. and 70 is pretty warm for a CPU. but agreed...without full specs we can't really tell. monitor resolution, CPU, RAM, game being played, videocard temps.

Nokturnal

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2007
Sorry, I'm playing on a PC, and its every game from Dues Ex: Human Revolution, Assassins Creed Brotherhood, The Witcher 2, Crysis, Hard Reset, Alice The Madness Returns, etc the list goes on forever.

PC Specs are

Windows 7
1 x ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AM3 AMD 790X ATX AMD Motherboard
1 x HIS H577F1GDG Radeon HD 5770 (Juniper XT) 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
1 x AMD Phenom II X4 945 Deneb 3.0GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor
1 x OCZ Fatal1ty 550W Modular Gaming Power Supply compatible with Intel Sandybridge Core i3 i5 i7 and AMD Phenom
2 x Mushkin Enhanced Silverline 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model 996770
1 x SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD502HJ 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive (Main)
1 x Western Digital Caviar Blue WD5000AAKX 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive (Secondary)

If you need anything else let me kno! thanks

Monitor Resolution is 1680 x 1050 for computer

I also use a 42 inch Plasma hooked up to the PC for gaming 1920 x 1080

Its noticeable on both of them.

It rarely ever reachs 70 temp even with a game maxed out during the most intense scenes.

Check and update your sound drivers. Have you experienced any crashing, or just the slowdowns? For games to start out fine and then slow down suggests it isn't a problem with the adequacy of your hardware, but it could be a driver issue. Make sure you have the latest video card drivers from AMD. As a test, load the newest drivers ONLY, NOT CCC, and test. If all is well, add CCC if you want the features it offers, otherwise leave it off. Check your GPU temperature, and if it is getting hot (say over 80C) then blow the dust out of its HSF with a pressurized duster.

djridonkulus

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2011
I was going to suggest that it's micro-stuttering caused by crossfire/sli but it appears that you don't have crossfire/sli.

Have you tried uninstalling your video drivers and then using "DriverSweeper" to clear out all traces of ATi drivers from your hard drive (do this in SafeMode for a complete erase). Then (re-)install the most recent video drivers for your video card again.

I've had something similar happen to me and it was my drivers.

Nokturnal

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2007
I actually use M-Audio FastTrack for my sound its an external soundcard for producing, now when I switch over to my TV it uses the sound out of my TV, could the M-Audio FastTrack cause any of the problems i'm having?