Solved

Looking for a S775 CPU w/ DDR3

I am looking for a socket 775 CPU that can support DDR3 RAM. I am going to purchase the ASRock N68-VS3 FX that has a socket 775 compatibility with DDR3. I am upgrading my computer as it currently has a motherboard that supports socket 775 with DDR2 RAM and PCI-E x16. Though, due to lack of memory channels and pricing on 8GB and 4GB sticks, I decided to sell my motherboard and processor (Pentium D 935) along with the 2GB RAM and upgrade to a motherboard that supports DDR3 and socket 775.

I do not want to move up to an LGA1155 or LGA1156 since I cannot support that much money neither do I want to purchase an AM3/AM3+ motherboard since I have discovered that I do not have the money to purchase one. I have found an ad on Kijiji of a person selling that exact motherboard I listed above for $43 which I am desperately going to purchase.

MY REQUEST IS A LIST OF INTEL CPU PROCESSORS THAT CAN SUPPORT DDR3. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHETHER IT MATTERS IF THE CPU SUPPORTS DDR2 OR DDR3. WILL IT BE COMPATIBLE WITH THE NEW MOTHERBOARD I PURCHASE EVEN THOUGH THEY BOTH SUPPORT SOCKET 775?
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about looking s775 ddr3
  1. Best answer
    Shouldn't it just be on asrocks supported cpu list? If it works in the board it should work on the cpu.
  2. ASRock N68-VS3 FX is an AMD AM3+ socket not Intel 775

3. Uhhhh...looks like I have a spelling error; it was actually the G41M-VS3 for $45.99.
  4. Best answer selected by hard_ware0wnz.
  5. Thank you very much amuffin I have found it on the ASRock website. Thanks very much guys!
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs DDR3 Socket Motherboards