Which 6950?

I can get the VTX 2gb version for 260, or i can get the more reputable manufacterer, saphire for the same price, however it is only the 1 gig version. I could also get a powercolour for 200, 1gb version. I have heard the VTX use dodgey components to cut costs. Don't know how true that is however.
8 answers Last reply
More about which 6950
  1. what resolution is your monitor?
  2. if you are gaming on multiple monitors or resolutions higher than 1920x1080 then you would need the 2gb. if you are on a single monitor 1920x1080 or lower then the 1gb version will be just fine for you
  3. 1920x1080. Do not plan on going higher than that
  4. then you will be just fine with one monitor at that resolution with the 1gb. happy gaming
  5. still the question for what brand up in the air, i would go with the sapphire both VTX and Powercolor known to have small segment materials so i would recommed Saphhire if not then Powercolor, if not then VTX

sapphire is the best partner for AMD btw so they can't make something bad
  6. mkristian said:
    I can get the VTX 2gb version for 260, or i can get the more reputable manufacterer, saphire for the same price, however it is only the 1 gig version. I could also get a powercolour for 200, 1gb version. I have heard the VTX use dodgey components to cut costs. Don't know how true that is however.

OP has already decided on a brand. ^^^^. the 1gb is sapphire or powercolor. sapphire is the one i would go with tbh
  7. i don't see any decision from the "original poster" and i would go too with Sapphire, i have their products (X1900, HD 4850, HD 5750, and finally with the HD 6950) they are great anyway. LOL
  8. thanks mate
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Components Graphics