Battlefield 3 Heat issue Nvidia GTX 285

Status
Not open for further replies.

adwani7

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2011
So, I downloaded BF3 beta last night, started playing, and 20 mins later, the game became really choppy.
I alt tabbed to check my GPU temp, and it was on 97deg celcius. Its never reached such temps.
I put the fan on 100%, waited for the card to cool down again, restarted the game, turned the gfx down, did not help, withing 20-30 mins, was almost reaching 100deg. is the game just too much for my card to handle? also there are afew graphical gliches that i see (Windows flashing black n white when looking in the distance). (not sure if its the game or my card).
If i select the Ultra presets, the game runs fine untill the heat goes up.
I downloaded the newest >BETA< driver from Nvidia website.
Anyone else? or any tips?

Solution
The game is really demanding but not so much that it could cause your card to overheat with the fans at 100%.It's definitly the game causing all these errors not the card.I think they just need to release a fix for this.
G

I got the same thing only it starts @ 85 degrees already, and i also get artefacts and stuff along with the frequent flashes.. I thought it was the card itself but im glad to see someone else with the same problem. That probably means it could be a driver issue then.

I'm also still searching for a solution, i havent gotten around to test a previous driver yet.

G

I use EVGA Precision to set the fan on my card @ 100% speed so it takes a while to actually heat up to 85 degrees, also took the sidepanel off the case for some more cool air.

ltrazaklt

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2010
those cards (285) are they like SC or FTW or SSC editions ? ..if so , other people had have heat issues with them , aside from the standard cleaning out all the fans (GPU, Case Fans etc ) ..use the EVGA precision and UNDERcock it a bit at a time till you get to stable temps .. a lot of other people have issues with those cards , aparantly they factory OC tweak those cards to the absolute limit of the card ..had another poster was running 89c ..he used the Precision tool and underclocked it ..and seems to solve the problem

the beta for some reason seems like it doesn't like vsync and that could be an issue as well as the game itself not being optimized yet. It is just a beta after all. The game is meh demanding but being in its current state has tons of bugs. My 570 stays around 68c at 75% fan speed

dasmittyman

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011
Strange, I have the evga gtx over clock edition and i have not had any issues besides random lines at times when i pass by certain rocks. Of course the falling through the floor but i think that is everyone =D

adwani7

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2011
Guys i underclocked the card, Using Asus software that came with it. (Smart Doctor) and the card now maxes at 60Deg. Playing on medium only.
Would you guys suggest an upgrade?
What would you recommend? (i mainly will be playing BF3, MW3, Diablo3)
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.