Sign in with
Your question

New system build

Last response: in Systems
November 26, 2011 11:02:54 AM

i will buy a new pc by next week
my budget is around $450
its mainly for gaming surfing watching hd video...
im from the philippines so my preferred site is..tipidpc.com
ipreffer intel cause i really want to change platform..
i overclock the processor to its limits under liquid cooling..
i dont plan on running in xfire or sli.. its too expensive
my resolution is 1600*1200..

thanks for the reminders..

More about : system build

November 26, 2011 11:37:24 AM

processor... athlon 2 x3 440
motherboard... gigabyte 990fx-ud5
hardisk.. western digital 320gb(ill keep it)
videocard... im already using a msi 560ti..
ram... gskill 2*2gb 1333 cl7(ill keep this one)
psu... cougar cmx pro 700
case... aerocool vs-4
m
l
Related resources
November 28, 2011 8:34:57 AM

^Is this the system that you're looking to change? I will really recommend you against it. This looks like a wonderful computer. This is almost as good a PC you're gonna get for the price.

The only thing that you can do is OC the processor and also unlock the 4th core to get a quad. That may or may not be possible, but either way, that is a wonderful motherboard that you have. Go online and learn how to convert your tri core processor into a quad-core one. If that chipset cannot do it, nothing will. You should keep your PC for the next couple of years or so IMO.

You can upgrade the CPU to a Phenom IIX4 970 or something and the GPU to a 570/580, but that will be expensive obviously, but also mostly unnecessary especially for your resolution.

What is it 'bout this PC that makes you wanna change it though?
m
l
December 2, 2011 4:33:42 PM

i need more performance out off my money.. thats why i want to upgrade :) 
m
l
December 3, 2011 6:13:34 AM

Get a better processor maybe? Though more and more games are becoming more GPU oriented than ever. Also, games don't really show a great performance leap going from a tri core to a quad.

I'll just ask you to go through some GTX 560 Ti overclocking guides and OC your GPU to increase performance - Legionhardware - Geeks3d

Also, go through some Athlon Rana OC'ing and unlocking guides to (possibly) unlock the hidden 4th core on your CPU and OC it. That wonderful board of yours' is just waiting to be messed around with ;) 

Do try both of the above and even then if you're not satisfied, wait around a few days for HD 7000 and GTX 600.
m
l
December 5, 2011 11:37:03 PM

i know how to oc my 560ti.. i tried unlocking it when i first got it.. no luck the 4th core is a faulty one.. i have used a 2500k before on my friends rig. i can notice the difference between a tri core and a quad. i also notice that the boot up of the windows and the loading of the games are more faster..
m
l
December 7, 2011 4:31:09 AM

dal_06 said:
.. i tried unlocking it when i first got it.. no luck the 4th core is a faulty one..
That's why they sell it as a tri-core and not a quad :( 

In any case, make sure you've upgraded to the latest BIOS from the Gigabyte website.
dal_06 said:
i have used a 2500k before on my friends rig. i can notice the difference between a tri core and a quad. i also notice that the boot up of the windows and the loading of the games are more faster..
That's more likely because of the speed rather than the core count. There is gonna be an obvious difference between a 75 dollar AMD tri-core and a 220 dollar Intel quad.

Intel option-

i5-2500K - $220

Asrock Extreme3 Gen3 - $125

That will give you only slightly better performance. But sticking with AMD will get you a better gfx card which is what will really make the gaming experience much better 'coz most games are so much more GPU oriented these days.

CPU: Phenom IIX4 970 - $140

GPU: Get another GTX 560 for SLI - $250. The PSU will be alright. Expect close to double the frame rates of a single GTX 560 Ti in most games.

Total: $390.
m
l
December 7, 2011 8:20:20 AM

sorry for the wrong info. what i mean for the $450 budget. is if i sell my board and proci. my real budget excluded the selling price is $223
m
l
December 7, 2011 8:29:59 AM

You're not gonna get a significantly faster Intel on that budget. You need a budget of at least around ~800 for an Intel quad based system. On your budget, you'll have to get an Intel dual core system or an AMD quad as I've already laid out.

m
l
December 7, 2011 11:09:19 AM

someone told me that if i sell my board, my proci + my current money... i can buy a intel core i5 2500k and a good motherboard.. he said that i can use $220 for the 2500k.. while the 990fxa-ud5 + the athlon i can buy a good motherboard.
m
l
December 7, 2011 11:12:05 AM

may i ask why 800?
m
l
!