PC for online games

chulex67

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2011
Approximate Purchase Date: as soon as possible.

Budget Range: 400- 600, no rebates my uncle is buying it from me.

Most Ussage: Online games like league of legends, Dungeon Defenders, Want to try Starcraft 2 and maybe Atlantica Online , Watching Series and Movies With my 52 Plasma HDTV, Surfing the Web.

Parts Not Required: Mouse,Speakers,Tv,Monitor,Keyboard, OS.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Neweeg its fine

Monitor Resolution:gaming on 1680x1050, Watching movies on 1920x1080.

PD: I had a desktop for 11 Years without Upgrading it, love you HP of 2001 u may rest in peace, and last year my father got me a Laptop wich i didnt Choose :S, its a Vostro 1320, Core 2 Duo, 4Gbs Ram DDR2 with 4500MHD. My point is, I have never used a dedicated GPU, NEVER, so i really dont know what to expect I really just want to Play them in medium Settings with decent Fram Rates in my Monitor. Thx Help me please. I really dont care about the Case size but smaller is always better for me in not a gay way.

If you have an old hard drive lying around I would use it, it will save you a lot of money because hard drive prices are through the roof at the moment.

Heres a decent build which would run all of those games on ultra high no problem, especially at 1680x1050.

Intel Core i3-2100
ASRock H61M/U3S3
8GB Corsair XMS3 1333Mhz
Powercolor HD 6870 1GB
Corsair CX-500
Fractal Design Core 1000
Samsung DVD Burner
Coolermaster Blade Master 120mm Fan

Total - $499.92 before shipping and rebates.

That leaves you $100 to pick up a hard drive, just get the cheapest one you can at the moment to be honest.

The i3-2100/HD 6870 combo is very good value and should max all of those games no problem. 500W is also plenty of power for it and Corsair have some nice PSU's so no worries there. The reason I put in 8GB of RAM is because it's cheap. As for the fan, that case has a single 120mm but strangely it's in the front so I'd put that extra one as a rear exhaust. It's also worth noting that the motherboard has USB 3.0, another nice feature.