Sign in with
Your question

Hypertransport sync flood error

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 30, 2011 2:40:49 AM

I updated my ATI drivers for my HD4850 crossfire setup today, and upon reboot it crashed and gave me an error screen saying "A hypertransport sync flood error occurred on last boot." I went into safe mode and uninstalled the drivers, then reinstalled the previous version, but I still got the same error. So I went and set all my CMOS settings to defaults, but that didn't help any. So now if I have my video drivers installed at all it crashes on boot. All works fine without them. Does anyone know what could be causing this?
September 30, 2011 3:14:19 AM

http://www.google.com.au/#sclient=psy-ab&hl=en&source=h... there are hundreds of threads about this already, so start reading. The general concensus is faulty motherboard or wrong HT or RAM settings in BIOS. Update BIOS may also fix it. I think its a coincidence that you got the error when you updated drivers and they actually have nothing to do with the problem.
m
l
September 30, 2011 3:22:34 AM

After reading I thought that may be the case too, but it's clearly the drivers because when they're uninstalled everything works fine! And I don't really see how it would be the wrong HT or RAM settings because they haven't been touched. They've been default for all nine months this PC has been running :??:  I'm looking into doing a BIOS update, but I've never done one before and the README is very intimidating. It instructs that I should make a boot floppy. Why would it ask me to use legacy hardware that nobody even uses anymore? :/ 
m
l
Related resources
September 30, 2011 5:29:08 AM

^ most recent motherboards have a windows bios flash tool, or a tool located in the BIOS itself. For example, i can go into my bios and select the bios flash option, put in a CD with the BIOS file on it and flash away.
m
l
October 5, 2011 2:27:13 PM

OKAY, This is for anyone who will or has or IS having the problem.

I did some testing on the CPU, CPU-NB, HTLink and Ram.

The Culprit is the CPU. If the CPU does NOT have enough volts, IT is the only one that Produces the Hypertransport Sync Flood Error upon reboot!!!!

So,

Are you getting the H.T.S.F. Error? Well, what are you waiting for? Raise the CPU Volts or Lower the Frequency!

http://www.overclock.net/amd-cpus/632705-gathering-list...
m
l
January 19, 2013 7:39:10 PM

Hi All !
After long searching I did NOT find any help for my "Hypertransport sync flood error" problem. Almost every person have different fix but non of them works.
I started my own attempt to fix it from removing video card and memory modules from slots, cleaning contacts with alcohol and lint free cloth. After cleaning I installed modules/cards moving it a few times in/out . Having open computer is good opportunity to clean fans and radiators from dust.
After this computer start working like before with out any problems. So just in case I updated Bios and MB drivers. Computer is working since two days - I will update if any problems appear in future.
Tom
1. Remove all extension/video cards and memory modules from slots - clean contacts/slots with alcohol (do it one at time)
2. re install all of them and try to boot - if error repeat probably some parts gone bad - you can try to run only one memory module and minimum configuration.
3. If work update Bios, MB driver
m
l
April 25, 2013 8:00:46 PM

161at134 said:
Hi All !
After long searching I did NOT find any help for my "Hypertransport sync flood error" problem. Almost every person have different fix but non of them works.
I started my own attempt to fix it from removing video card and memory modules from slots, cleaning contacts with alcohol and lint free cloth. After cleaning I installed modules/cards moving it a few times in/out . Having open computer is good opportunity to clean fans and radiators from dust.
After this computer start working like before with out any problems. So just in case I updated Bios and MB drivers. Computer is working since two days - I will update if any problems appear in future.
Tom
1. Remove all extension/video cards and memory modules from slots - clean contacts/slots with alcohol (do it one at time)
2. re install all of them and try to boot - if error repeat probably some parts gone bad - you can try to run only one memory module and minimum configuration.
3. If work update Bios, MB driver

I have this same problem. Geforce. The video card fan stopped working and it's overheating. New card, no problems.
m
l
April 25, 2013 8:01:39 PM

I've the same problem with a Geforce card. The cooling fan on the video card stopped working. New card, no problems.
m
l
!