No signal to screen after installing new RAM

Hardley

Honorable
Jan 3, 2013
Hi all,
I have recently purchased new RAM cards for my ASUS motherboard. I have made sure they are compatible and have the same specs as the old par: 1333Mhz and 1.5V, the only difference is they make up 8GB rather than 4GB. But after swapping them over the computer ran (all the fans turned on and it sounded as if it worked) but there was no signal to the screen. First off i checked they weren't faulty and i tried the combination of one old RAM card and one new which worked for both of the new cards confirming they both worked, and my computer recognized the 6GB of RAM in both cases. I then checked it wasn't a problem with the graphics card by using internal graphics but again that didn't work so the problem isn't there. The only other option i could foresee was a problem with the BIOS. i proceeded to update the BIOS to the most current edition still to find that it did not work with the new RAM cards, i have attempted to alter the RAM settings but with the American Megatrends BIOS there are limited adjustments you can make to the RAM settings, only being able to:
1: Enable/Disable Memory Remap Feature
2: Set the DRAM Frequency
3: Enable/disable Configure DRAM Timing by SPD
I don't know any other options as to what to do and didn't know whether you would have any idea as to how to proceed.
My Motherboard is the ASUS P5G41T-M LX2/GB
My new RAM is Ballistix Sport (2*4GB) 1333MHz 1.5V
if you need any more information please feel free to ask, thank you.

sharkbyte5150

Honorable
Mar 22, 2012
Choose the #2 option mentioned above and set frequency to 1333.
If that doesn't work, try to enable option #3, if you haven't tried those already.

Since you tried each new module with an old one and get video from it, there is no logical reason that both new modules wouldn't give video but it could have to do with timing or frequency settings.

Try just one of the new modules on its own, one at a time.

fubar601

Honorable
Nov 16, 2013

Hi,

Ik have the same Mobo, and ive got new memory 2 times 4 GB Kingston hyper X DDr3 cl9 1333 GHZ, but ive got a black screen.
Fans are working, everything looks fine, but is didnt work.

I wanted to know if your problem is solved? And how?

DJ