Ringtones Questions

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
June 21, 2005 3:33:40 AM

I have read the term polyphonic and mp3 ring tones, are those two things the
same or different?

Will Cingular Motorola V551 phones do both or just one of these types of
ring tones?

Bill

More about : ringtones questions

June 21, 2005 1:36:47 PM

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 23:33:40 -0700, "Bill" <BillAustin@comcast.net>
wrote:

>I have read the term polyphonic and mp3 ring tones, are those two things the
>same or different?
>
>Will Cingular Motorola V551 phones do both or just one of these types of
>ring tones?
>
>Bill

Think of polyphonic as midi. The sounds are fabricated by the phone
from a list of notes to play. The Poly part is that there can be more
than one instrument playing at a time. How many at a time depends on
how the music is written and the capabilities of the playback device.
Playback can sound very different on two different devices.

MP3 is a compressed digital recording of actual sound.

The V551 will do both.