Ringtones Questions

I have read the term polyphonic and mp3 ring tones, are those two things the
same or different?

Will Cingular Motorola V551 phones do both or just one of these types of
ring tones?

Bill
1 answer Last reply
More about ringtones questions

    On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 23:33:40 -0700, "Bill" <BillAustin@comcast.net>
    wrote:

    >I have read the term polyphonic and mp3 ring tones, are those two things the
    >same or different?
    >
    >Will Cingular Motorola V551 phones do both or just one of these types of
    >ring tones?
    >
    >Bill

    Think of polyphonic as midi. The sounds are fabricated by the phone
    from a list of notes to play. The Poly part is that there can be more
    than one instrument playing at a time. How many at a time depends on
    how the music is written and the capabilities of the playback device.
    Playback can sound very different on two different devices.

    MP3 is a compressed digital recording of actual sound.

    The V551 will do both.

Cingular Motorola Internet Service Providers