Missing History Toolbar

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

My taskbar has the option of adding or removing the
History toolbar. I like this option, as does my wife.
However, her taskbar does not have the option for the
History toolbar. How can I add this option to her taskbar?

Hi Dave,

Doesn't look like a standard deskband item. Are you referring to the
Internet Explorer History bar in the Taskbar?

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Window XP Shell/User

"Dave" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
My taskbar has the option of adding or removing the
History toolbar. I like this option, as does my wife.
However, her taskbar does not have the option for the
History toolbar. How can I add this option to her taskbar?

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

Yes, the IE History Toolbar. I have one on my taskbar and
when I click on it, it shows all the sites visited in the
last several weeks (e.g., 3 Weeks Ago, 2 Weeks Ago, Last
Week, etc.). When I right click on my taskbar, this
toolbar is shown as an option, along with Address, Quick
Launch, Language Bar, etc. At my wife's desktop, when I
right click on the taskbar, the History toolbar is not
present as an option.

Dave wrote:
> Yes, the IE History Toolbar. I have one on my taskbar and
> when I click on it, it shows all the sites visited in the
> last several weeks (e.g., 3 Weeks Ago, 2 Weeks Ago, Last
> Week, etc.). When I right click on my taskbar, this
> toolbar is shown as an option, along with Address, Quick
> Launch, Language Bar, etc. At my wife's desktop, when I
> right click on the taskbar, the History toolbar is not
> present as an option.

This would need to be added as a custom toolbar to that list of toolbars.
Right click the Taskbar and select Toolbars/New Toolbar. Navigate to
C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings. Click the History
folder and click OK.

(Where <username> is the account you are logged on with.)

--
Regards,

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP