Missing History Toolbar

My taskbar has the option of adding or removing the
History toolbar. I like this option, as does my wife.
However, her taskbar does not have the option for the
History toolbar. How can I add this option to her taskbar?
3 answers Last reply
More about missing history toolbar

    Hi Dave,

    Doesn't look like a standard deskband item. Are you referring to the
    Internet Explorer History bar in the Taskbar?

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Window XP Shell/User

    "Dave" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    My taskbar has the option of adding or removing the
    History toolbar. I like this option, as does my wife.
    However, her taskbar does not have the option for the
    History toolbar. How can I add this option to her taskbar?

    Yes, the IE History Toolbar. I have one on my taskbar and
    when I click on it, it shows all the sites visited in the
    last several weeks (e.g., 3 Weeks Ago, 2 Weeks Ago, Last
    Week, etc.). When I right click on my taskbar, this
    toolbar is shown as an option, along with Address, Quick
    Launch, Language Bar, etc. At my wife's desktop, when I
    right click on the taskbar, the History toolbar is not
    present as an option.

    Dave wrote:
    > Yes, the IE History Toolbar. I have one on my taskbar and
    > when I click on it, it shows all the sites visited in the
    > last several weeks (e.g., 3 Weeks Ago, 2 Weeks Ago, Last
    > Week, etc.). When I right click on my taskbar, this
    > toolbar is shown as an option, along with Address, Quick
    > Launch, Language Bar, etc. At my wife's desktop, when I
    > right click on the taskbar, the History toolbar is not
    > present as an option.

    This would need to be added as a custom toolbar to that list of toolbars.
    Right click the Taskbar and select Toolbars/New Toolbar. Navigate to
    C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings. Click the History
    folder and click OK.

    (Where <username> is the account you are logged on with.)

    --
    Regards,

    Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows Shell/User

    http://www.dts-l.org
    http://www.mvps.org

Configuration Taskbar Microsoft Customization Windows XP