iAmPhoReal

Honorable
Feb 25, 2012
I'm building a computer, and I got a crossfire ready mobo and a radeon 6770. My power supply is 600 watts, but it only says it's SLi ready. Would it still work if I crossfired my computer or are they just not compatible?

Solution
For a system using two Radeon HD 6770 graphics cards in 2-way CrossFireX mode AMD specifies a minimum of an 600 Watt or greater power supply. The power supply should also have a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 32 Amps or greater and have at least two 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors.

Total Power Supply Wattage is NOT the crucial factor in power supply selection!!! Total Continuous Amperage Available on the +12V Rail(s) is the most important.

Add at least another 5 Amps to the +12 Volt continuous current rating requirement if you're planning on overclocking your CPU.
For a system using two Radeon HD 6770 graphics cards in 2-way CrossFireX mode AMD specifies a minimum of an 600 Watt or greater power supply. The power supply should also have a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 32 Amps or greater and have at least two 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors.

Total Power Supply Wattage is NOT the crucial factor in power supply selection!!! Total Continuous Amperage Available on the +12V Rail(s) is the most important.

Add at least another 5 Amps to the +12 Volt continuous current rating requirement if you're planning on overclocking your CPU.

Solution