PS2 Online

I am considering getting high-speed internet when I move into my new house
this summer. I was looking at the ethernet adaptor card thing at Best Buy
that goes into the back of the PS2. I have some questions:

Is this all I need for the online broadband game playing experience?

Can I skip the ethernet adaptor and connect my PS2 to the router using a USB
cable? If so, would there be a disk I would need to install to make this
work?

Can I link up two PS2's and use both consoles to play online when only one
of them is hooked up to the router? I have a newer PS2 that doesn't have
the console-to-console link on the front of it, just the two USB ports. Can
I use these USB ports to hook up them together?

Are there any drawbacks to online play? I heard someone talking about
people playing with dial-up and it boggs down the game? Is this a big
problem? Is there anything else I need to know?

Thanks,

Relz

gcc

Distinguished
May 29, 2004

"Relz" <relz77@nospamhotmail.com> wrote in message
>I am considering getting high-speed internet when I move into my new house
> this summer. I was looking at the ethernet adaptor card thing at Best Buy
> that goes into the back of the PS2. I have some questions:
>
> Is this all I need for the online broadband game playing experience?

The Offical SONY Network Adapter is all you need, do NOT buy some thrid
Party USB network Modem, Not all games are compatable with these

> Can I skip the ethernet adaptor and connect my PS2 to the router using a
> USB cable? If so, would there be a disk I would need to install to make
> this work?

NO, The PS2 Needs a Modem (Network Adapter)

> Can I link up two PS2's and use both consoles to play online when only one
> of them is hooked up to the router? I have a newer PS2 that doesn't have
> the console-to-console link on the front of it, just the two USB ports.
> Can I use these USB ports to hook up them together?

NO, Each PS2 needs it's Own Network Adpater and Hard Line to the Router

> Are there any drawbacks to online play? I heard someone talking about
> people playing with dial-up and it boggs down the game? Is this a big
> problem? Is there anything else I need to know?

Some time Playing a Dial Up user will creat a Little Lag and a few
diconnects, but enough to be a bother or discourage you from getting online,
If it bothers you that bad just know that every members name in most games
have a Connection meter, just play Other High Speed Users.....

Getting Online is like unlocking a Totally new Game, Do it...

> Thanks,
>
> Relz

Don't Mention it