Full row select in Win Explorer?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Is it possible to have full row selection in Windows Explorer?

By "full row selection" I mean that I can click anywhere on the row
(on the date for example) and the row is selected. At the moment I
have to click on the file name.

Svend Cr <nomail@mail.com> wrote:

>Is it possible to have full row selection in Windows Explorer?

No.

--
(tm)

Thorsten Matzner <tmatzner@gmx.net> wrote:

> Svend Cr <nomail@mail.com> wrote:
>
>>Is it possible to have full row selection in Windows Explorer?
>
> No.

Are there really no registry hack or tweaks of any sort to permit
full row selection in Windows Explorer?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

No :-(

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

Folder customizations
http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Svend Cr" <nomail@mail.com> wrote in message news:954AAFA30DC2F471AE@127.0.0.1...
> Thorsten Matzner <tmatzner@gmx.net> wrote:
>
>> Svend Cr <nomail@mail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Is it possible to have full row selection in Windows Explorer?
>>
>> No.
>

> Are there really no registry hack or tweaks of any sort to permit
> full row selection in Windows Explorer?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Yes just change the view to list.

Svend Cr wrote:

> Is it possible to have full row selection in Windows Explorer?
>
> By "full row selection" I mean that I can click anywhere on the row
> (on the date for example) and the row is selected. At the moment I
> have to click on the file name.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Unfortunately "List View" does not give me full row select.

Bob I <birelan@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Yes just change the view to list.

> Svend Cr wrote:
>>
>> Is it possible to have full row selection in Windows
>> Explorer?
>>
>> By "full row selection" I mean that I can click anywhere on
>> the row (on the date for example) and the row is selected.
>> At the moment I have to click on the file name.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

You can't do it. There is no setting. It's not that ListViews (the thing that displays the filenames) can't do it but that Explorer doesn't ask it to do it. You may be able to write a program and switch it on yourself. It only requires a message to be sent to the control.

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/06/29/1088392635123.html

"Svend Cr" <nomail@mail.com> wrote in message news:954BA398E9201471AE@127.0.0.1...
> Unfortunately "List View" does not give me full row select.
>

> Bob I <birelan@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > Yes just change the view to list.
>

> > Svend Cr wrote:
> >>
> >> Is it possible to have full row selection in Windows
> >> Explorer?
> >>
> >> By "full row selection" I mean that I can click anywhere on
> >> the row (on the date for example) and the row is selected.
> >> At the moment I have to click on the file name.

TRENDING THREADS