Fairly Cheap Gaming Build

Atomsk648

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2011
Hi everyone, a friend showed me to this site for advice on my first build. I'm somewhat knowledgeable but as always, the #1 problem to overcome is choosing parts. I've got a case in mind, and it comes with a power supply for the price, now I just need to figure out how to get the best I can for what I have. I'll be buying the parts incrementally, so I have a little leeway when it comes to money, but around $500 is what I'm looking for. A little bit over that isn't terrible though. I'm just looking for it to play some decent games comfortably, nothing too powerful.

Case+PSU= http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147117

While browsing the forums, I was shown this MB that wouldn't be too bad, but again, still a bit of a noob when it comes to picking parts, I'm more than open to alternative suggestions.

MB= http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157280

Any help is greatly appreciated. :)

*Edit: I have the OS/monitor/keyboard/and mouse covered, so those aren't any problem whatsoever. Just looking for internal hardware advice.

Atomsk648

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2011
@Raiddinn, it looks good yes, but the case that I posted that I've been looking at comes a bit cheaper than the one there and it's a slightly more powerful PSU as well, would my case not be slightly more beneficial? (And I have an OS disc for Windows 7, so I probably would have slightly more RAM)

and @FinnerousPJ, you suggest the components from the SBM but exchange their MB for the one I posted? All of the hardware from that would be compatible?

Rosewill isn't a name that is suggested around here a lot, but I looked at a Rosewill 600w and it did give out 600w.

It was a much dirtier 600w than the 600w from the brands that people usually suggest here, but still within specs.

It may do well enough.

Yes, and yes.

Atomsk648

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2011
@Raiddinn, Well the 500w that comes with the case I've been looking at is a lot better than the old 2002 factory standard 250w from Dell that I'm using at this very moment. I don't need it to be perfect, just something to keep me happy for the next couple years until I can build a beast :)

and @FinneousPJ, thanks for the help :) I will use the SBM then with the Case/PSU, and Mobo modified.