Sign in with
Your question

How to tell if you fried your motherboard?

Last response: in Motherboards
January 3, 2013 8:50:07 PM

Hello People, I was wondering what the signs are of a fried motherboard. I have a Z77-DS3H motherboard and I forgot about the whole static electricity thing so I worked with the motherboard for 30 minutes, but I didn't feel any shock on my hands. How do you tell if you shocked it or not?
P.S. The motherboard was laying on my lap and I was wearing pajamas with carpet under me :( 

More about : fried motherboard

a c 1097 V Motherboard
January 3, 2013 9:41:22 PM

Only way you can tell is build and try it. There is not going to be any visible damage.
m
l
January 3, 2013 10:14:13 PM

rolli59 said:
Only way you can tell is build and try it. There is not going to be any visible damage.

I used it for about 2 hours after that and nothing happened. Does this mean that im ok? Is there a way to test if it is broken?
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a c 1097 V Motherboard
January 3, 2013 10:18:42 PM

If everything is working you are fine. To handle it correctly is just to ensure that the slim change of damaging it does not happen.
m
l
January 3, 2013 11:01:17 PM

We've all done it, either not wearing a wrist strap or not touching something grounded like the Power Supply. You're more than likely fine. Technically static electricity is supposed to slowly degrade hardware over time, rather than ZAP! Dead board.
m
l
!