PC looses power when 4pin 12v is connected

jxdel14

Honorable
Feb 28, 2012
Hi,

I have this rig of mine years back already and im currently having this problem that my PC wont even turn on,
//Specs//
Mobo: asus m2n68-am plus
CPU: AMD Athlon II x2 245 2.9Ghz ( Regor )
RAM: 2GB Kingston 800mhz
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 4830
PSU; CoolerMaster extremer 500w
HDD: Samsung 160GB

Its been working fine since lately that im getting BSOD and random crashes

I troubleshooted already and i did elimination technique... So i removed my videocard thinking that the PSU might not be able to supply power fine still SAME issue, Remove other Fan connected to it 1 at the rear and 1 at the Side still SAME issue, Reattached RAM still SAME, Reconnect power connectors to the MoBo still SAME issue... then i removed the 12v 4pin molex connected near the CPU Socket then the FAN was able to continually function and power up then i reattached the 12v connector then PC wont powerup again.. could it be an indication of a bad MOTHERBOARD

PS:
PSU = 1 Week Old
VideoCard = 2 Weeks Old
RAM = 3 Weeks Old
Remember stated above i was having BSOD so i replaced the items i thought causing the BSOD..

jxdel14

Honorable
Feb 28, 2012
Im having doubt about trying the old PSU since that PSU have indication of leaking capacitors but i will just try it once...

@signor
I tried it already but still same.. PSU have two 12v 4pin Molex connector tried both still no luck...

jxdel14

Honorable
Feb 28, 2012
i just tested the old PSU and SAME result... so really bad MOBO??

BTW i tested it with just MOBO, CPU, RAM and HDD connected --- Monitor is using onboard video

hushinimi

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012

pretty much, its probably the MOBO, we got the same power supply and it's working great for me .
I had a bad MOBO before similar to you.

Im not sure about that I just based it out in my experience :love:

edit:sorry I may be mistaken