USBextreme, use HD with any ps2

Someone hacked it, called it USBadvance.

Works with any ps2. Easy plug & play.
1 answer Last reply
More about usbextreme

    Sarah wrote in alt.games.video.sony-playstation2:

    > Someone hacked it, called it USBadvance.
    >
    > Works with any ps2. Easy plug & play.

    Homepage:
    www.hdadvance.com

    I'm skeptical about some of its claims, especially the load times, in light
    of the fact that the USB ports on the PS2 are 12MB/sec rated. What even
    makes me more skeptical is this claim:

    "Supports 40Gb to 2,000Gb HDD"
    (see www.hdadvance.com/usb_extreme_whatis.htm)

    especially considering that the largest currently available hard disk drive
    tops out at "only" 500GB (a boatload of disk space by any measure):

    http://www.pcworld.com/resource/article/0,aid,120102,pg,1,RSS,RSS,00.asp

    --
    Glenn Shaw • Indianapolis, IN USA

Console Gaming PlayStation Games Hacked Sony Video HD Video Games