Startup Newtwork Icon

August 18, 2004 8:38:37 PM

When my Windows XP starts up, it automatically places the
networking (two computers) icon in the bottom right
corner of my screen with a red X on it since it is not
connected. My computer is connected via a wireless
router so this icon is not necessary and serves only as a
link to open my Network Connections box. I want to get
rid of it, but I can't find it anywhere under
msconfig.exe. How can I stop it from appearing there
everytime I start my computer?

More about : startup newtwork icon

Anonymous
August 19, 2004 12:45:57 AM

Hi Danny,

You cannot "turn-off" that icon, but you can hide it. You can do so by right
clicking on the taskbar and selecting properties. Click on 'customize' under
Notificaion area and select the local area network icon and put it to
"always hide".

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

Folder customizations
http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Danny" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When my Windows XP starts up, it automatically places the
> networking (two computers) icon in the bottom right
> corner of my screen with a red X on it since it is not
> connected. My computer is connected via a wireless
> router so this icon is not necessary and serves only as a
> link to open my Network Connections box. I want to get
> rid of it, but I can't find it anywhere under
> msconfig.exe. How can I stop it from appearing there
> everytime I start my computer?

Anonymous
August 19, 2004 4:12:17 AM

is this the "connection unplugged" icon? if so, disable your unused LAN
connection.

Eric
!