Startup Newtwork Icon

When my Windows XP starts up, it automatically places the
networking (two computers) icon in the bottom right
corner of my screen with a red X on it since it is not
connected. My computer is connected via a wireless
router so this icon is not necessary and serves only as a
link to open my Network Connections box. I want to get
rid of it, but I can't find it anywhere under
msconfig.exe. How can I stop it from appearing there
everytime I start my computer?
2 answers Last reply
More about startup newtwork icon

    Hi Danny,

    You cannot "turn-off" that icon, but you can hide it. You can do so by right
    clicking on the taskbar and selecting properties. Click on 'customize' under
    Notificaion area and select the local area network icon and put it to
    "always hide".

    --

    Anando
    Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

    Folder customizations
    http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

    Protect your PC!
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Danny" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When my Windows XP starts up, it automatically places the
    > networking (two computers) icon in the bottom right
    > corner of my screen with a red X on it since it is not
    > connected. My computer is connected via a wireless
    > router so this icon is not necessary and serves only as a
    > link to open my Network Connections box. I want to get
    > rid of it, but I can't find it anywhere under
    > msconfig.exe. How can I stop it from appearing there
    > everytime I start my computer?

    is this the "connection unplugged" icon? if so, disable your unused LAN
    connection.

    Eric

Configuration Windows XP