Empty barebooks? do they exist?

HardwareHunter

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2011
Hello everybody, I'm new in this community and I've been thinking for a time to build my own laptop but It seems that empty barebooks (you know, just the laptop case) don't exist. I've searched a lot and I haven't found any site or place where I can buy this.
All I could find was just computer cases (the big ones) and barebones but nothing for laptops, have any of you bought one? Is this even possible?

Thank you very much!

HardwareHunter

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2011
Thanks for your reply!

So... there's no possibility to build a laptop completely myself? do you know any site where you can do this? I don't mean sites like dell, an others, I want a wide range of options.

Unfortunately I don't know any sites but I have looked into it before and have just heard people say that it's possible but not recommended since it's cheaper and more reliable to just buy a laptop.

Depends what sort of budget you are looking at really but either way I would recommend an AMD Llano based laptop over an Intel one, you are going to get more for your money.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834215187

That should be great, that price is also so good it makes me want to cry lol. The US is so much cheaper than the UK for this sort of thing. I would be looking at £600+ over here for that sort of thing. That's like $900-1000

HardwareHunter

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2011
I'm from Spain :p

jmsellars, what I'm looking for is a gaming laptop that lasts for at least 5 years, so I would like more or less this specs, the problem is that I can't find any laptop with these:

- Intel i-7 2600k
- 12 gb 2000mhz RAM
- 500 - 1 tb HD, fast rpm
- Nvidia Gtx 580 or more powerful but not for a huge higher price

And... that's it, if any of you know a laptop with these specs please tell me!!!

Thank you very much!

HardwareHunter

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2011
That doesn't matter, I'm used to buying things from the US, so there's no problem with the site nationality, even if the don't ship to Europe (I use BongoUS).

HardwareHunter

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2011
Yes man, I had to search a lot to find that site, it's higly benficial tho shop throughout this website becuse of the euro/dollar coversion, and even more benficial for you pound/dollar,

https://bongous.com/duty-tax-calculation.php

in the link above you can calculate whatever you want ^^

Well, thank you very much for your help, the laptop you say is good but what I look for is exactly for a laptop with the i-7 2600k, i'll google deeper.

HardwareHunter

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2011
YES!!! I just was going to say that, i did some research and yes, the i7 2600k is a desktop processor.... T.T it's the best deal right now in processors.

:S in my case the saves are usually around 5%, anyway for other needs it could be worth it for you.

Thank you for your help man.