CPU upgrade

I am planning to upgrade my processor to AMD PHENOM II 955 x4 3.2 GHz.Now I have Dual Core E5700 @ 3.00 GHz 3.00 GHz,will changes in FPS be huge?My other specs below:

RAM:4 GB

Graphic card:VTX3D HD 6770 1GB DDR5

I recently upgraded from GT 220 to HD 6770 and I am still not able to play Word of Tanks on Very high with 40+ FPS,with this specs I am getting 30-20 FPS so if I upgrade to that processor will FPS raise alot to 40+?

Thanks in advance! :D
16 answers Last reply
More about upgrade
  1. With most games your not going to see a big enough improvement to justify the cost and hassle of a new motherboard, ram and cpu.
  2. YOMAN282 said:
    so if I upgrade to that processor will FPS raise alot to 40+?
    Probably not.
    World of Tanks is a single threaded, single CPU game, right?
  3. Buy a good CPU cooler, Overclock the living cr@p out of that Dual Core. If it works and is stable, great your done and only had to buy a cooler. If it dont help or melts down, who cares you were planning the CPU change anyway, go ahead with it and reuse the shiney new cooler. :D

*edited for brain farts*
  4. WoT is a single CPU game.
    You may want to look into tweaking the settings:

World of Tanks performance optimization guide:
    My Computers top of the range but I still experience FPS problems! Why?
    There are a few reasons:
    -World of Tanks uses only one core
    -World of Tanks uses 2GB of RAM or less
    -World of Tanks has some optimization issues with some graphics cards eg ATI, it's best optimized for Nvidia
    -World of Tanks engine (Big World) doesn't render objects in real time, textures are loaded and displayed (long loading times).
    -Some issues with Windows 64 bit systems
    -Other
  5. Depending on what kind of price you are getting, a Core i3-2100 will beat even an overclocked 955 in performance. http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-cpu-review-overclock,3106-5.html

In other words, if you are getting the 955 significantly cheaper, it may be a good deal. As to the performance improvement in games, that would depend on the games as others have said. Most are still GPU bound.
  6. What motherboard are you using now?
  7. Thanks guys but I think I will upgrade to AMD PHENOM II 955 x4 3.2 GHz so I can buy a better graphic card with no bottleneck.Am I right?In future I am planning to get GTX 560 Ti.That a good processor for that card?And by the way I saw alot of gameplays on HD 6770 on high/ultra with 40+ FPS.For example Saints Row 3,on the vid with max settings the guy had 30-50 FPS I think, but I have 30-20.
  8. Btw you cant place an amd in an itel board...
  9. And idk about the motherboard. xP
  10. robustus64 said:
    Btw you cant place an amd in an itel board...

Oh crap :o ,then I will go search for something else...
  11. Would an upgrade to Intel Core i5 2500 @ 3.30 Ghz be good?
  12. What type of RAM are you using? You're probably going to be using DDR3 with your next upgrade.
  13. YOMAN282 said:
    Would an upgrade to Intel Core i5 2500 @ 3.30 Ghz be good?
    Also requires a MB upgrade. You have a socket 775 CPU and I5-2500, etc use a socket 1155 motherboard.
  14. There's a good chance that you're looking at needing a CPU/MB/RAM upgrade package.
    What kind of budget had you been thinking about?
  15. YOMAN282 said:
    Would an upgrade to Intel Core i5 2500 @ 3.30 Ghz be good?

i5-2400 is a better deal. Only 10% slower at a better price. The i3-2100 I mentioned earlier will be plenty also, but is not as fast as the i5. Either will require a new socket 1155 motherboard which can be had for as little as $55 depending on the features you require.
  16. I'm thinking the OP has a Dell/HP style system with a non-OC'ing MB and DDR2 RAM to go along with the C2D E5700.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Processors FPS