Making a CPU max voltage...

When I put the CPU back to Stock clock, I noticed that it went to the low 30s and lowest i seen on the CPU on "Idle" was 29*C with 0.95 vCore... So I ran Prime95 and the vCore jump up to 1.25 vCore than my temperature was reaching the 70s... Is it possible to make a Max voltage so it wont go over the voltage I put it... How can I put a max vCore without putting 1.15v which will make idle stay in the 40s and max is in the high 60s...
2 answers Last reply
More about making voltage
  1. Turn off any "speed step" or "turbo core" in the BIOS, Its like an automatic overclock when you need it.
  2. silverliquicity said:
    Turn off any "speed step" or "turbo core" in the BIOS, Its like an automatic overclock when you need it.

I want to save power and at the same time i want speed so I wont turn those off... I wont be overclocking and wont be underclocking so dont tell me about those.. Just want to set a max vCore so tat it wont go over but will go under like as i wanted it in .94v vCore to 1.15v vCore... When I set it auto, it goes down to .94v but when I ran prime, it went all the way up to 1.25v and I wanted it to be 1.15v instead of 1.25v which is pretty high...
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Temperature