Sign in with
Your question

Making a CPU max voltage...

Last response: in CPUs
a b à CPUs
February 28, 2012 9:27:02 AM

When I put the CPU back to Stock clock, I noticed that it went to the low 30s and lowest i seen on the CPU on "Idle" was 29*C with 0.95 vCore... So I ran Prime95 and the vCore jump up to 1.25 vCore than my temperature was reaching the 70s... Is it possible to make a Max voltage so it wont go over the voltage I put it... How can I put a max vCore without putting 1.15v which will make idle stay in the 40s and max is in the high 60s...

More about : making cpu max voltage

a b à CPUs
February 28, 2012 10:55:41 AM

Turn off any "speed step" or "turbo core" in the BIOS, Its like an automatic overclock when you need it.
m
l
a b à CPUs
February 28, 2012 10:13:43 PM

silverliquicity said:
Turn off any "speed step" or "turbo core" in the BIOS, Its like an automatic overclock when you need it.

I want to save power and at the same time i want speed so I wont turn those off... I wont be overclocking and wont be underclocking so dont tell me about those.. Just want to set a max vCore so tat it wont go over but will go under like as i wanted it in .94v vCore to 1.15v vCore... When I set it auto, it goes down to .94v but when I ran prime, it went all the way up to 1.25v and I wanted it to be 1.15v instead of 1.25v which is pretty high...
m
l
!