Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Best cooling solution for cm 690 II advanced?

Last response: in Components
February 28, 2012 12:09:31 PM

Build:
Mobo: Asrock Z68 extreme 7 gen 3
Gpu: two XFX DD Hd7970 BE in xfire
Cpu: i7 2660k
ram: hyperx genesis 4*4gb
cpu cooler: hpyer 212 evo
psu: corsair pro 1200 watts
case: cm 690 II advanced
Optical drive: Samsung SH-B123L

now, i need to know if all my componants can fit easily it the case and the best cooling solution (2 hd 7970 can get pretty hot). plz inlcude pics ^^ thanks in advanced

Best solution

a b ) Power supply
a b à CPUs
February 28, 2012 12:22:27 PM

it will all fit, the 690 II is a good size case and fits cards up to 30cm. the 7970 is 27.5cm long

define cooling solution? your best bet would be water cooling but that is expensive and a DIY project (or more money to pay someone else to do it)

your next option would be after market coolers for the vga but that is also expensive and you can put that money back into better cards

if you are asking about fan placement then two in (front) and two out (back & top) will do the trick. you get diminishing returns after that.

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2012/02/10/the-big-coo...

Related resources
March 1, 2012 9:45:19 AM

dirtyferret said:
it will all fit, the 690 II is a good size case and fits cards up to 30cm. the 7970 is 27.5cm long

define cooling solution? your best bet would be water cooling but that is expensive and a DIY project (or more money to pay someone else to do it)

your next option would be after market coolers for the vga but that is also expensive and you can put that money back into better cards

if you are asking about fan placement then two in (front) and two out (back & top) will do the trick. you get diminishing returns after that.

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2012/02/10/the-big-coo...

alright, i was actually talking about fan placement and thanks for the answer
March 1, 2012 9:45:30 AM

Best answer selected by rolandftw.
!